City switching back to bi-weekly residential garbage collection starting Thursday, October 1
The City will be switching back to bi-weekly residential garbage (black cart) collection starting Thursday, October 1. Residents will see no change to their collection day but are encouraged to check their Collection Calendars to confirm how bi-weekly collection will impact their route and to ensure they don’t miss pick-up day.
As the City continues to make every effort to ensure the health and safety of its workforce and the community, residents are reminded to practice safe and sanitary waste disposal and follow these guidelines to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Bag your garbage
- Do NOT place loose, used tissues and napkins in your bin as they can become wind-blown when the lid opens during collection.
- Do NOT discard used protective gloves or masks on the ground; place these items in a bag and put in your household garbage or black cart/bin.
- Do NOT overfill your carts or leave loose items on the ground
- IF YOU'RE SICK: place ANY item that has come into contact with your mouth, nose or eyes into the garbage; even items that you normally place into your blue cart/bin (e.g. water/beverage bottles, pop cans, milk/juice cartons, etc.)
- Ensure accessible cart placement to avoid manual handling by the driver and return your cart to your property after collection.
Weekly garbage collection will resume in spring 2021.
More information and updates can be found at saskatoon.ca/waste.