Civic Services & Holiday Hours: Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1
Due to COVID-19 physical distancing requirements and the current phase of the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, the City of Saskatoon already has a number of adjusted services in place.
Check out the following STAT holiday updates from the City of Saskatoon with information on service adjustments, holiday hours and what is open or closed on Canada Day.
The health, safety, and well-being of our employees and members of the public, and maintaining core services remain our top priorities.
Services for Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1, 2020:
- Garbage (Black Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- Recycling (Blue Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- Organics (Green Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- For collection schedules and reminders, get the Saskatoon Recycle & Waste app, or visit saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar
- The Landfill will be open from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Cash transactions remain suspended until further notice
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/landfill
- The West Compost Depot will be open from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- The East Compost Depot will be closed and will re-open Thursday, July 2 at 11:00 am
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/compostdepots
- Fixed route public transit remains operational for essential travel only please consult the real-time mobile app transit to plan your trip
- Access Transit will be open for calls and providing trips from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Canada Day, July 1
- The Transit Customer Service Centre will be closed on Wednesday, July 1 but phone lines will be open from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm at 306-975-3100
PAY PARKING STATIONS
- No payment required on Wednesday, July 1
- Motorists are reminded that the posted time limits are still in effect
MUNICIPAL IMPOUND LOT
- Vehicles will not be released to the public on Wednesday, July 1
RECREATION & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
All Spray Pad locations are now operating and offer water play daily from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Visit saskatoon.ca/play for information about precautions to take when using the spray pads and a great interactive map of locations.
Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo
- The Zoo remains closed to the public until further notice. Visit saskatoon.ca/zoo for the latest updates
- The Forestry Farm Park remains open. Visitors must maintain a safe, two-metre (six feet) distance away from others outside of their extended household while using this facility
City Golf Courses (Holiday Park, Wildwood and Silverwood)
- The City’s three golf courses are open in full compliance with the golf course guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan
- Tee times must be booked and paid-for in advance; this can be done online or by phone. Walk-on bookings will not be permitted
- Visit saskatoon.ca/golf for more information and to learn about the new guidelines that each golfer will be required to follow upon arrival at the course, as well as throughout their round of golf. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to keep you, our staff and all of our golfing customers safe this season
- Residents are encouraged to sign-up to notifynow for timely and targeted public safety messages, including COVID-19. Notifynow is a free service, tell us how to best reach you on your preferred communication device. Visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow
YXE Service Alerts
- For information and updates on service disruptions such as power or water check saskatoon.ca/servicealerts or follow @yxeservicealert on Twitter
COVID-19 related Service Updates & Information
There are many critical pieces of information regarding service changes, and physical distancing requirements at public places such as parks, dog parks, and public areas outside. Remember to maintain a 2 metre distance from others outside your extended household. Watch for signage regarding temporary access restrictions and one-way implementations on bridge walkways.
Please visit saskatoon.ca/covid19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon on everything you need to know to stay safe.
Happy Canada Day Saskatoon residents!