Civic Services & Holiday Hours for Remembrance Day, Wednesday, November 11
In recognition of the importance of observing Remembrance Day, the Government of Saskatchewan has outlined guidelines for event organizers and participants to help ensure the safety and well-being of everyone involved. Please visit saskatchewan.ca/covid19 for more information and do your part to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Mask up
- Wash your hand often
- Keep your distance from others
- Do not host or go to large events
- Keep your “bubble” small. Anyone you see in-person – friend, family, coworkers – are all contacts
The following are the service updates for Remembrance Day, Wednesday, November 11, 2020:
- Garbage (Black Cart) – Collection will be attempted in City Park, Hudson Bay Park, North Park and Richmond Heights. All other areas scheduled for November 11 are asked to roll out carts on Monday, November 16 and crews will collect your garbage as soon as possible.
- Recycling (Blue Cart) – Collection will be attempted in all areas scheduled for November 11.
- Organics (Green Cart) – No more collections for the 2020 season
- For collection schedules and reminders, get the Saskatoon Recycle & Waste app, or visit saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar
- Open 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Cash transactions are suspended until further notice, to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/landfill
- Closed for the season
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/compostdepots
- Fixed-route and Access Transit will operate with Holiday Service on Wednesday, November 11
- Access Transit subscriptions do not apply on Statutory Holidays
- Transit Customer Service Center will be closed for walk-in customers on Wednesday, November 11
- Customer Service phone lines will be available from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- On-Demand Transit will not operate on Wednesday, November 11
- No payment required on Wednesday, November 11
- Motorists are reminded that all other parking requirements are still in effect
MUNICIPAL IMPOUND LOT
- Vehicles will not be released to the public Wednesday, November 11
SASKATOON FORESTRY FARM PARK & ZOO HOURS
- Zoo 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Forestry Farm Park 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- ACT, Archibald, Cosmo, Gordie Howe Kinsmen, and Lions arenas are open regular hours of operation and with limited capacity in full compliance with the guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan
- Parent & Tot Skating is available at Archibald Arena, November 11 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. (Pre-booking is not required for Parent & Tot Skating)
- Cosmo Civic Centre has public skating available from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Pre-book a Public Skating visit at saskatoon.ca/leisureonline and select “Book a Visit”
- Cosmo, Lakewood and Lawson Civic Centres, Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre, Saskatoon Field House, and Shaw Centre have re-opened, with limited drop-in programs and in full compliance with the guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan
- To pre-book a visit to any Leisure Centre, or to view drop-in program offerings and facility hours of operation, visit saskatoon.ca/leisureonline and select “Book a Visit”
Cosmo Civic Centre
- Rental Spaces – CLOSED
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre
- Pools – OPEN
Facility Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Lakewood Civic Centre
- Pool, Fitness & Weight Room – OPEN
Facility Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Lawson Civic Centre
- Pool – OPEN
Facility Hours: 12: 00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saskatoon Field House
- Fitness & Weight Room, Track and Court Area – OPEN
Facility Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fitness & Weight Room/Walking Track and Pools – OPEN
Facility Hours: 12:00pm – 9:00pm
Terry Fox Track
- Track - CLOSED
- Residents are encouraged to sign-up to notifynow for timely and targeted public safety messages, including COVID-19. Notifynow is a free service, tell us how to best reach you on your preferred communication device. Visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow
YXE SERVICE ALERTS
- For information and updates on service disruptions such as power or water check saskatoon.ca/servicealerts or follow @yxeservicealert on Twitter.
Other COVID-19 Related Information
Please continue to watch for signage regarding temporary access restrictions and one-way implementations on bridge walkways in the city.
Visit saskatoon.ca/covid19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon.