Civic Services & Holiday Hours for Saskatchewan Day, Monday, August 3
Saskatchewan summers are short, so when long weekends come around the weather can be especially precious to get outside to enjoy.
As you plan activities with families or individuals in your extended household group to visit green spaces in and around our community or beat the heat by visiting an outdoor spray park or pool, make for a safe August long weekend!
Remember that public health orders remain in place to prevent transmission of COVID-19 and that we should all continue to practice the following preventative measures:
• Wash your hands frequently
• Practice physical distancing of two metres (including in parks, dog parks, and public areas)
• Wear a mask in settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained
• Limit contacts outside your home to your extended household group
• Stay home if you are sick
There may be social or peer pressure to attend events that you feel pose an unacceptable amount of risk to you and your family. Decisions not to attend are your own, and family and friends should understand and respect measures that people are taking to stay healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
At the City of Saskatoon, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and members of the public, and maintaining core services remain our top priorities.
The following are the service updates for Saskatchewan Day, Monday, August 3, 2020:
- Garbage (Black Cart) –Recycling (Blue Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- Organics (Green Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- For collection schedules and reminders, get the Saskatoon Recycle & Waste app, or visit saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar
- The Landfill will be open from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Cash transactions are suspended until further notice, to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- High traffic volumes are expected this weekend, so residents may experience longer than normal wait times
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/landfill
- The West Compost Depot will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The East Compost Depot will be open from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- High traffic volumes are expected at both sites this weekend, so residents may experience longer wait times than normal
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/compostdepots
With more people spending time at home, there has been a much greater demand for recycling depot use. Unfortunately, this has led to overfilled bins but also excessive litter and dumping of non-recyclable garbage around City-managed bins and those operated by charitable organizations. Residents are kindly reminded to not overfill bins and to close the lids after use, to avoid potentially contaminated material from being wind-blown into neighboring areas. More information and education can be found at saskatoon.ca/recyclingdepots.
- Fixed-route transit will operate with Holiday Service on Monday, August 3
- Please check the routes and schedules on the website or the real-time mobile app, Transit for details
- For more information, please call Transit Customer Service at 306-975-3100
- Access Transit will operate with Holiday Service on Monday, August 3. Holiday Service hours are 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Access Transit subscriptions do not apply on Statutory Holidays
- Transit Customer Service Center will be closed for walk-in customers on Monday, August 3
- Customer Service phone lines: available from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. 306.975.3100.
- No payment required on Monday, August 3
- Motorists are reminded that all other parking requirements are still in effect
MUNICIPAL IMPOUND LOT
- Vehicles will not be released to the public Monday, August 3
SASKATOON FORESTRY FARM PARK & ZOO HOURS
- Zoo 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Forestry Farm Park 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
CITY GOLF COURSES (HOLIDAY PARK, WILDWOOD, AND SILVERWOOD)
- The City’s three golf courses are open
- Tee time bookings open daily at 6:00 a.m. Tee times may be booked online, by phone or at the golf course
- Visit saskatoon.ca/golf for more information and to learn about the guidelines that each golfer will be required to follow upon arrival at the course, as well as throughout their round of golf
- George Ward and Riversdale Pools are open. Pool hours and important information is available on saskatoon.ca/outdoorpools
- Lakewood Civic Centre and Shaw Centre have now re-opened with limited drop-in programs in full compliance with the guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan
- The facility and drop-in program schedule for each facility is available on Leisure Online under the “Book a Visit” option
- Fitness & Weight Room/Walking Track – NOW OPEN!
- Pools – Wednesday, August 5
Lakewood Civic Centre
- Pool - NOW OPEN
- Residents are encouraged to sign-up to notifynow for timely and targeted public safety messages, including COVID-19. Notifynow is a free service, tell us how to best reach you on your preferred communication device. Visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow
YXE SERVICE ALERTS
- For information and updates on service disruptions such as power or water check saskatoon.ca/servicealerts or follow @yxeservicealert on Twitter.
Other COVID-19 Related Information
Please continue to watch for signage regarding temporary access restrictions and one-way implementations on bridge walkways in the city.
Visit saskatoon.ca/covid19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon.