Civic Services & Holiday Hours for Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 12
Although Thanksgiving will look different this year, with planning you can still prepare for and enjoy special activities safely this long weekend. Here are a few tips from the Government of Saskatchewan to keep your friends and family safe:
- Stay home if you’re sick
- It is recommended that gatherings be limited to household and/or extended household members only
- Consider hosting family and friends digitally
- Potlucks are discouraged and all served food should be plated by a single person
- Common touch areas should be frequently cleaned and disinfected
- Wash or sanitize your hands often
The following are the service updates for Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 12, 2020:
- Garbage (Black Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- Curbside garbage has switched back to bi-weekly collection as of October 1
- Recycling (Blue Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- Organics (Green Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- Green Cart collection ends Friday, November 6 for the 2020 season
- For collection schedules and reminders, get the Saskatoon Recycle & Waste app, or visit saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar
- Winter hours (7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) begin Monday, October 12
- Cash transactions are suspended until further notice, to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/landfill
- The West Compost Depot will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The East Compost Depot will be open from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/compostdepots
With more people spending time at home, there has been much greater demand for recycling depot use. Unfortunately, this has led to overfilled bins but also excessive litter and dumping of non-recyclable garbage around City-managed bins and those operated by charitable organizations. Residents are kindly reminded to not overfill bins and to close the lids after use, to avoid potentially contaminated material from being wind-blown into neighboring areas. More information and education can be found at saskatoon.ca/recyclingdepots.
- Fixed-route and Access Transit will operate with Holiday Service on Monday, October 12
- Please check the routes and schedules at SaskatoonTransit.ca or the real-time mobile app, Transit for details
- For more information, please call Transit Customer Service at 306-975-3100
- Access Transit subscriptions do not apply on Statutory Holidays
- Transit Customer Service Center will be closed for walk-in customers on Monday, October 12
- Customer Service phone lines will be available from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- On-Demand Transit will not operate on Monday, October 12
- No payment required on Monday, October 12
- Motorists are reminded that all other parking requirements are still in effect
MUNICIPAL IMPOUND LOT
- Vehicles will not be released to the public Monday, October 12
SASKATOON FORESTRY FARM PARK & ZOO HOURS
- Zoo 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Forestry Farm Park 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CITY GOLF COURSES (HOLIDAY PARK, WILDWOOD AND SILVERWOOD)
- The City’s three golf courses are open.
- Tee time bookings open daily at 8:00 a.m. Tee times may be booked online, by phone or at the golf course
- Visit saskatoon.ca/golf for more information and to learn about the guidelines that each golfer will be required to follow upon arrival at the course, as well as throughout their round of golf
- ACT, Archibald, Cosmo, Gordie Howe Kinsmen, and Lions arenas are open regular hours of operation and with limited capacity in full compliance with the guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan
- Parent & Tot Skating is available at ACT and Cosmo Arenas on Monday, October 12 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. (Pre-booking is not required for Parent & Tot Skating)
- Pre-book a Public Skating visit at saskatoon.ca/leisureonline and select “Book a Visit”
- Cosmo, Lakewood and Lawson Civic Centres, Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre, Saskatoon Field House, and Shaw Centre have re-opened, with limited drop-in programs and in full compliance with the guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan
- To pre-book a visit to any Leisure Centre, or to view drop-in program offerings and facility hours of operation, visit saskatoon.ca/leisureonline and select “Book a Visit”
Cosmo Civic Centre
- Rental Spaces – CLOSED
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre
- Pools – OPEN
Lakewood Civic Centre
- Pool – OPEN
Lawson Civic Centre
- Pool – OPEN
Saskatoon Field House
- Fitness & Weight Room, Track and Court Area – OPEN
- Fitness & Weight Room/Walking Track and Pools - OPEN
- Residents are encouraged to sign-up to notifynow for timely and targeted public safety messages, including COVID-19. Notifynow is a free service, tell us how to best reach you on your preferred communication device. Visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow
YXE SERVICE ALERTS
- For information and updates on service disruptions such as power or water check saskatoon.ca/servicealerts or follow @yxeservicealert on Twitter.
Other COVID-19 Related Information
Please continue to watch for signage regarding temporary access restrictions and one-way implementations on bridge walkways in the city.
Visit saskatoon.ca/covid19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon.