COVID-19 Daily update on changes to programs and services
The City is doing its part to flatten the curve of COVID-19 cases in Saskatoon. We have made many staffing and service changes so our employees can safely deliver services to residents and to make sure people remain physically apart from one another. This way we can all work together by staying apart – it will protect the health of essential frontline healthcare staff, core service workers and first-responders. These actions in turn protect all of us.
Paddling Pools Starting to Gradually Reopen
Just in time to beat the heat, a number of the City’s paddling pools start to reopen today. Westmount and North Park paddling pools opened today (July 7), with other paddling pools set to open between July 8 and 15, in full compliance with the guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan. Paddling pools will be open until August 25.
To keep everyone safe age regulations will be in place:
· Children 13 years or younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian 14 years or older
· Children under six must always stay within arms-reach of parent/guardian
In order to maintain safe physical distancing, designated pool times will run scheduled through the day on a first-come, first serve basis, from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 12:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays (no pre-registration required). Paddling pools will not be operational on weekends. The full schedule as well as a list of paddling pools that are open can be found at saskatoon.ca/playprograms.
Know before you go! Protect yourself and others from COVID-19 by following these guidelines:
· Do not come, or send your children, to the paddling pool if you are sick
· Always stay 2 metres apart from those not in your group.
· Wash or sanitize your hands regularly, especially after touching shared surfaces.
· Follow instructions from staff and on signage.
· Bring your own seating (such as a lawn chair or blanket) and water to drink.
· Washrooms are available with physical distancing requirements in place.
Please be aware that paddling pools will be cleared immediately if lightning occurs and will also close if the temperature is 14 degrees or lower, or during steady rain conditions. Sign up for Service Alerts for immediate updates.
Please visit saskatoon.ca/covid-19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon on everything you need to know to stay safe.