COVID-19: Daily Update on Changes to Programs and Services, August 21, 2020
The City is doing its part to flatten the curve of COVID-19 cases in Saskatoon. We have made many staffing and service changes so our employees can safely deliver services to residents and to make sure people remain physically apart from one another. This way we can all work together by staying apart – it will protect the health of essential frontline healthcare staff, core service workers and first-responders. These actions in turn protect all of us.
Remaining Leisure Centres to re-open from August 27 to the week of September 8
Following the successful openings of Lakewood Civic Centre and Shaw Centre earlier this summer, the remaining Leisure Centres will re-open over a series of dates in the upcoming weeks. The City appreciates the important efforts of patrons and staff to keep everyone safe while using these facilities and reducing the chance of transmitting COVID-19 in our community.
- August 27: Saskatoon Field House - fitness and weight room, track and court area
- August 27: Cosmo Civic Centre - rental spaces only
- Week of September 1: Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre - pools
- Week of September 8: Lawson Civic Centre - pools and multipurpose room
Drop-in programs and hours for each facility, such as public swim and fitness and weight room times, can be viewed on Leisure Online at http://leisureonline.saskatoon.ca under the “Book a Visit” option. Drop-in programs are only offered in timed sessions due to capacity limits and to allow for necessary physical distancing. Sessions include admission and exit times and there will be breaks between sessions to allow for the cleaning and sanitization of common areas.
Your Leisure Centre visit can be booked up to 2 days in advance by visiting Leisure Online at http://leisureonline.saskatoon.ca and selecting the ‘Book a Visit’ option, or by calling 306-975-2855. There will be a limited number of walk-in spots available for each drop-in program, but please keep in mind there may be line-ups so pre-booking is encouraged. If you do not arrive within 30 minutes from the start of your booked session time, your spot will be given to someone waiting in line.
Red Cross swim lessons and a limited number of registered programs will be offered during the Fall Program Session starting in September. Program registration has started on Leisure Online or by calling any Leisure Centre.
Know before you go! Protect yourself and others from COVID-19 while using Leisure Centres by following these guidelines:
- Do not come to the facility if you are sick. Anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted inside of the facility.
- You must be 14 years of age to attend without parents or guardians.
- A greeter will be in place to check you in upon entering the facility and to direct you to where you need to go.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting supplies will be available.
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly, especially after touching shared surfaces.
- Always stay 2 metres apart from those not in your group.
- Please follow the posted signage, floor decals and arrows, and directions from staff located throughout the facility.
- Bring your own water to drink.
- Washrooms and change rooms are available with physical distancing requirements in place. Try to arrive in your swim or workout gear if possible to limit your time in the change room and get the most out of your activity session.
- A cleansing shower is mandatory before entering the pool.
- In the weight room, sanitize often and disinfect each piece of equipment before and after each use. Do not share equipment.
- Other regulations are outlined on our website.
Visit saskatoon.ca/leisurecentres for more information on hours of operation, admission rates, booking procedures, rental information and COVID-19 restrictions.
Summer Play Program & Paddling Pools, Outdoor Pools and Spray Pads closing dates for the season
As a reminder, the Summer Play Program and paddling pools, outdoor pools and spray pads will close for the season on the following dates. We hope you enjoyed your time swimming and splashing this summer and look forward to welcoming you back in 2021!
- August 25: last day of operation for the Summer Play Program and paddling pools
- August 31: last day of swimming at George Ward Pool
- September 7: last day of swimming at Riversdale Pool
- September 7: last day of operation for Spray Pads
Please visit saskatoon.ca/covid-19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon on everything you need to know to stay safe.