COVID-19: Golf courses to remain closed, approval of outdoor special events, Civic Square use suspended
We are constantly reassessing developments to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and citizens and how the City delivers public services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Update on Golf Course Operations
- The City's three municipal golf courses will remain closed to the public until further notice. As such, tee time bookings and 2020 Golf Season Pass sales are temporarily suspended. The 2020 Season Pass rates will be re-evaluated once an opening date is determined. An opening date for the golf courses will be subject to an assessment of the COVID-19 status.
- Limited staff will be on site to maintain landscaping and golf course physical assets, with two-metre social distancing always enforced.
- Golf courses are not critical or “allowable businesses” as defined by the Public Health Order issued March 26, 2020
- Further updates will be provided as they become available.
Outdoor Special Events, Flag Raising Services & Use of Civic Square
- In keeping with the directive from the Government of Saskatchewan to limit the size of public and private gatherings to a maximum of ten people, City Administration will not be approving any outdoor special events scheduled up to and including Sunday, May 31, 2020.
- Use of civic square and all flag raising services are also suspended indefinitely due to the current circumstances.