COVID-19 service adjustments for Good Friday and Easter weekend
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, public access to City Hall and all City buildings, including fire stations, leisure facilities, attractions and Saskatoon Public Library locations remains closed to the public.
The health, safety, and well-being of our employees and members of the public, and maintaining core services are our top priorities.
Service updates for Good Friday, April 10, 2020 and Easter Monday, April 13, 2020:
- Hours unchanged – 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- No cash transactions to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to accept card payments, and direct invoicing options for haulers who have commercial accounts with the City.
- Collections as scheduled. Refer to your collection calendar for dates.
- Sign up for your pick-up day reminders, get the Saskatoon Recycle & Waste App, or print your own calendar at saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar.
- Refer to saskatoon.ca/covid-19 for health and safety tips to protect our staff and partners.
- Public transit remains operational for essential travel only with reduced service.
- The Transit Customer Service Center remains closed but phone lines remain open at 306-975-3100.
- City owned pay parking is suspended until further notice
- See saskatoon.ca/covid-19 for information on parking restrictions related to safety, emergency access and traffic flow.
MUNICIPAL IMPOUND LOT
Vehicles will not be released to the public Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13.
Please Note: Vehicles will be released on Saturday, April 11 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
RECREATION & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo
- Zoo remains closed to the public until further notice.
- Forestry Farm Park remains open, but the play structure is closed. Visitors must maintain a safe, two-metre (six feet) distance away from others in the park. Consider outings by yourself or with just one other person at the appropriate distance.
- Residents are encouraged to sign-up to notifynow for timely and targeted public safety messages, including COVID-19. Notifynow is a free service, tell us how to best reach you on your preferred communication device. Visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow
YXE Service Alerts
- For information and updates on service disruptions such as power or water check saskatoon.ca/servicealerts or follow @yxeservicealert on Twitter.
All COVID-19 related Service Updates & Information
There are many critical pieces of information regarding service changes, and physical distancing requirements at public places such as parks, dog parks, and public areas outside.
As the holiday long weekend approaches, be prepared to celebrate Easter in a different way this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead of inviting family and friends over for dinner, consider hosting a virtual gathering using digital technology.
Please visit saskatoon.ca/covid19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon on everything you need to know to stay safe.