COVID-19 service adjustments for Victoria Day long weekend
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, public access to City Hall and all City buildings, including fire stations, leisure facilities, attractions and Saskatoon Public Library locations remain closed to the public.
The health, safety, and well-being of our employees and members of the public, and maintaining core services are our top priorities.
Service updates for Victoria Day, Monday May 18, 2020:
- Garbage (Black Cart) – Weekly collections begin Monday, May 18 for applicable routes
- Recycling (Blue Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- Organics (Green Cart) – Collections as scheduled
- For collection schedules and reminders, get the Saskatoon Recycle & Waste app, or visit saskatoon.ca/collectioncalendar
- The Landfill will be open from 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Cash transactions are suspended until further notice, to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- High traffic volumes are expected this weekend, so residents may experience longer than normal wait times
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/landfill
- The West Compost Depot will be open from 9:00am – 6:00pm
- The East Compost Depot will be open from 11:00am – 5:00pm
- High traffic volumes are expected at both sites this weekend, so residents may experience longer wait times than normal
- More information can be found at saskatoon.ca/compostdepots
With spring cleaning and more people spending time at home, there has been much greater demand for recycling depot use. Unfortunately, this has led to overfilled bins but also excessive litter and dumping of non-recyclable garbage around City-managed bins and those operated by charitable organizations. Residents are kindly reminded to not overfill bins and to close the lids after use, to avoid potentially contaminated material from being wind-blown into neighbouring areas. More information and education can be found at saskatoon.ca/recyclingdepots.
- Fixed route public transit remains operational for essential travel only and with reduced service.
- Access Transit will be closed Monday, May 18th.
- The Transit Customer Service Centre remains closed to the public but phone lines are open including Monday, May 18th from 9:00am - 1:00pm and 2:00pm - 6:00pm at 306-975-3100.
- City owned public pay parking is suspended until further notice
- For safety reasons, be mindful of all parking restrictions. See saskatoon.ca/parking for more information
MUNICIPAL IMPOUND LOT
- Vehicles will not be released to the public Monday, May 18, 2020.
RECREATION & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo
- Zoo remains closed to the public until further notice.
- Forestry Farm Park remains open, but the play structure is closed. Visitors must maintain a safe, two-metre (six feet) distance away from others outside of their extended household while using this facility.
City Golf Courses (Holiday Park, Wildwood and Silverwood)
- The City’s three golf courses will open for the season on Friday, May 15 in full compliance with the golf course guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-open Saskatchewan plan.
- Tee times must be booked and paid-for in advance; this can be done online or by phone. Walk-on bookings will not be permitted.
- Visit saskatoon.ca/golf for more information and to learn about the new guidelines that each golfer will be required to follow upon arrival at the course, as well as throughout their round of golf. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to keep you, our staff and all of our golfing customers safe this season.
- Residents are encouraged to sign-up to notifynow for timely and targeted public safety messages, including COVID-19. Notifynow is a free service, tell us how to best reach you on your preferred communication device. Visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow
YXE Service Alerts
- For information and updates on service disruptions such as power or water check saskatoon.ca/servicealerts or follow @yxeservicealert on Twitter.
All COVID-19 related Service Updates & Information
There are many critical pieces of information regarding service changes, and physical distancing requirements at public places such as parks, dog parks, and public areas outside. Remember to maintain a 2 metre distance from others outside your extended household. Watch for signage regarding temporary access restrictions and one-way implementations on bridge walkways.
Please visit saskatoon.ca/covid19 for timely updates from the City of Saskatoon on everything you need to know to stay safe.