Drivers reminded to use caution during ongoing snow
Drivers are reminded to be cautious while winter driving conditions exist on Saskatoon roadways as snow continues to accumulate. City crews continue to clear snow from priority roads including Circle Drive, 8th Street, 22nd Street and Idylwyld Drive. Drivers should use caution and allow extra time during the afternoon commute.
Snow is forecast to continue throughout the day and possibly into the weekend. Crews will be working 24-hours a day to clear driving lanes on high priority roads.
What you can expect from us
- Crews will stay on high-traffic, high-volume roadways as the snow keeps falling.
- Slippery and slushy conditions may exist on bridge decks, freeway ramps, overpasses and high-traffic intersections.
How you can help us
- Slow down and use extra caution in winter driving conditions.
- Watch for blue and amber flashing lights on winter road maintenance equipment. If you encounter equipment on the road, slow down, remain at least 15 metres (2.5 car lengths) behind, and be ready to stop. Passing is not recommended and may not be possible.
- Call the 24-hour Customer Service Centre at 306-975-2476 to report icy conditions.
- Get transit service alerts and real-time tracking information at SaskatoonTransit.ca and on Google Maps or Transit App.