Early Morning Closure Planned for Idylwyld Drive North
A section of Idylwyld Drive North will be closed on Sunday morning, January 14, 2018, to allow for overhead guide sign replacement. Work is expected to be complete by noon, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- Lane closures will be in effect starting at 4:00 a.m., Sunday, January 14.
- North bound lanes of Idylwyld Drive North will be closed at 51st Street.
- Traffic will be detoured off Idylwyld Drive North northbound at the 51st Street exit ramp.
- The 51st Street access ramp to Idylwyld Drive North northbound will also be closed during construction.
- Avenue C and access to the airport will not be impacted by this closure.
- Detour signs will be in place well in advance of the work zone, directing traffic around the area.
How you can help us
- Drivers are encouraged to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Plan your bus route in advance online at Saskatoontransit.ca or on your mobile device with the real-time Google Maps or Transit App.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.