Idylwyld Drive over Avenue C closed overnight Friday and Saturday
Idylwyld Drive overpass at Avenue C will be closed overnight on June 1 and June 2 to replace an overhead guide sign. Traffic will be detoured around the work zone using the Avenue C exit ramps. This work usually takes two nights to complete, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- The Idylwyld Drive overpass at Avenue C will close late Friday and Saturday nights.
- The road will reopen by 7 a.m. each morning.
- Overnight, traffic will be detoured around the work zone using the Avenue C exit ramps. Signs will be in place directing traffic through the detour.
How you can help us
- Drivers are advised to expect delays and may want to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Advance signage on Idylwyld Drive will warn road users of the approaching work zone. Remember to reduce speeds to 60 km/hr and be alert to City crews working in the area.
- Refer to the City of Saskatoon service alerts for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for work crews, and for everyone’s safety, obey all detours, signs, and barriers.