Idylwyld Drive over Ruth Street closed overnight
The Idylwyld Drive Bridge over Ruth Street will be closed overnight on May 17, 2018 for bridge cleaning. Traffic will be detoured around the work zone using the Ruth Street exit ramps.
Bridge washing is general maintenance that takes place annually on bridges throughout the city. In the upcoming weeks, bridge cleaning will take place on Circle Drive Bridge over 8th Street East and Circle Drive Bridge over 33rd Street West.
This work usually takes a night to complete, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- Idylwyld Drive Bridge over Ruth Street will be closed for cleaning tonight.
- The road will be closed at approximately 8:00 p.m. and will be open again before the morning commute.
- Overnight, traffic will be detoured around the work zone using the Ruth Street exit ramps. Signs will be in place directing traffic through the detour.
How you can help us
- Drivers are advised to expect delays and may want to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Advance signage on Idylwyld Drive will warn road users of the approaching work zone. Remember to reduce speeds to 60 km/hr and be alert to City crews working in the area.
- Refer to the City of Saskatoon service alerts for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for work crews, and for everyone’s safety, obey all detours, signs, and barriers.