Infrastructure Upgrade Work at Intersection of Queen Street and Spadina Crescent
Beginning this week and continuing into October, Saskatoon Light & Power is undertaking infrastructure upgrades at the intersection of Queen Street and Spadina Crescent. This work will require lane restrictions and an intersection closure in order to accommodate the cranes and equipment required to erect a new pole structure. The Meewasin Trail pathway and area sidewalks will also have restricted access at this location while work is underway.
What you can expect from us
- Beginning September 18, 2017, and lasting for about one week, there will be lane restrictions on Queen Street and Spadina Crescent approaching the intersection.
- The intersection at Queen Street and Spadina Crescent will be closed for 3-4 days during these upgrades.
- Infrastructure upgrades will include: power pole replacements, replacement of a power line crossing the river, and infrastructure re-locations.
- The upgrades are necessary for the continued supply of safe and reliable power in this area.
How you can help us
- Between September 18 and 23, 2017, avoid the intersection of Queen Street and Spadina Crescent if possible.
- Respect workers and work zone signs and barriers.
- For a listing of road restrictions and detours around the City, visit Saskatoon.ca/BetterRoads and click on the Road Restrictions & Construction Projects Map.
Saskatoon Light & Power provides safe, reliable and cost effective electricity in an environmentally responsible way to over 60,000 properties in Saskatoon as well as owning and maintaining the City’s street light system. Learn more at Saskatoon.ca/SLP.