Neighbourhood Traffic Reviews moving online in 2020
The City is continuing with Neighbourhood Traffic Reviews (NTRs) in 2020, but meetings will be online instead of in person due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Residents will have the opportunity to engage through Microsoft Teams Live.
The award-winning NTR program addresses transportation related concerns like speeding, short-cutting, and pedestrian safety on a neighbourhood-wide basis. The City works collaboratively with residents to develop recommendations to address traffic concerns for the local and collector streets in the neighbourhood (i.e. speeding, pedestrian safety).
2020 NTRs will be held for the following neighbourhoods:
- Evergreen – Wednesday, July 22nd
- Confederation Suburban Centre – Tuesday, August 11th
- Central Business District – Wednesday, August 12th
- The Willows – Thursday, August 13th
- Rosewood / Lakewood Suburban Centre – Tuesday, August 18th
- Central Industrial – Wednesday, August 19th
- Agriplace and Marquis Industrial – Thursday, August 20th
- CN Industrial – Tuesday, August 25th
- Sutherland Industrial – Wednesday, August 26th
- Gordie Howe Management area, West Industrial, and Southwest Industrial – Thursday, August 27th
Residents are invited to learn more and join discussions regarding traffic related concerns in these neighbourhoods at Saskatoon.ca/engage. Two online meetings will be held for each neighbourhood: the first to discuss resident concerns, the second to discuss the draft traffic plan. The engagement web pages will be launched two weeks prior to each NTR meeting.
Since 2014, the NTR program has completed traffic reviews for 61 neighbourhoods, held 106 community meetings to develop transportation plans, and made nearly 1,000 recommendations for transportation related improvements. Once the 2020 NTRs are complete, the program will have implemented corrective traffic measures in every neighborhood in Saskatoon.