New School Zone Installed at Diefenbaker & Centennial
The City of Saskatoon has installed a new school zone on Diefenbaker Drive and Centennial Drive around the Westgate Alliance Academy. Drivers will see the standard fluorescent yellow-green school zone signs on display.
What you can expect from us
- The new school zone includes Diefenbaker Drive bound by Smallwood Crescent at both ends and Centennial Drive bound by and including the intersection with Diefenbaker Drive and the intersection with Haviland Crescent/Patterson Crescent.
- The school zone is in effect between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, September 1st to June 30th – including statutory holidays.
How you can help us
- Slow down and pay attention. Children can behave unpredictably. Children tend to think that, if they can see a vehicle, the driver can see them.
- Drive carefully to avoid the risk of injury or tragedy. Drivers have a responsibility to obey posted speed limits and drive in a safe and courteous manner.
- Slow down to avoid a fine. The penalties for speeding in a school zone start at $210 and include the deduction of (minimum) three SGI demerit points.
- Drivers are reminded that U-turns are prohibited in school zones.
More information about City of Saskatoon school zones is available here.