Overnight crane work on 1st Avenue closes roadway
This Monday night (May 7, 2018), crane work will result in the closure of 1st Avenue from 20th Street to 22nd Street. The intersection of 1st Avenue and 21st Street will also be closed.
In the coming weeks, a similar closure can be expected to complete this work.
What you can expect from us
- 1st Avenue will be closed between 20th Street and 22nd Street from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Work will take place overnight to limit the impact to road users.
- Detour signs will be in place around the work zone to direct traffic. Sidewalks inside this work zone will be closed.
- Transit Routes 2, 8, 10, 19 & 20 are all impacted by this 12-hour closure. Please visit the app called Transit to plan your trip.
How you can help us
- Road users are advised reroute their commute and expect delays.
- Plan your bus route in advance online at Saskatoontransit.ca or on your mobile device with the real-time Google Maps or Transit App.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out.