Preston Avenue intersection closed for road repairs
This Saturday, May 12, 2018, southbound lanes on Preston Avenue South between 8th Street and Taylor Street will be closed while repairs are made to the road surface. As a result of this work, the intersection at Preston Avenue South and 3rd Street East will be closed for the day. Detours will be in place by 7:00 a.m. and the roadway is expected to be fully operational by the end of the day, barring unexpected circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- South bound lanes on Preston Avenue South between 8th Street and Taylor Street East will be closed for the day this Saturday.
- The intersection at Preston Avenue and 3rd Street East will also be closed for the day.
- Sidewalks adjacent to the work zone will be closed while this work is underway.
- Detour signs will be in place well in advance of the work zone, directing traffic around the area.
How you can help us
- Road users are advised reroute their commute and expect delays.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.