Reminder! City to send notifynow test message today - May 10 starting at 6:00 p.m.
In the event of a city-wide emergency or one affecting only one city block, notifynow can provide residents with timely, trusted and targeted public safety messages - so you know what to do, where to go and what to expect.
What residents should know about the notifynow test today at 6:00 p.m.
- if you have a publicly listed phone number, you are automatically in the notifynow emergency notification system
- the notifynow test message will clearly indicate ‘this is a TEST message’
- notifynow is a free service; remember, we can’t reach you if your information is not up-to-date
- notifynow emergency safety messages can be sent to you by text, voice recording, email or through TTY numbers
- you can choose to receive notifynow messages for up to five addresses i.e. your child’s school, parents address etc.
- if you have an unlisted or not publically available phone number, have just moved to Saskatoon, or do not have a landline, you will need to sign-up at saskatoon.ca/notifynow and customize your communication profile to tell us how you prefer to be contacted by notifynow
The Emergency Measures Organization tests the notifynow mass notification system twice yearly so Saskatoon residents’ can become familiar with how a notifynow message sounds, making them better prepared to respond appropriately in a real emergency situation. Testing also assesses the accuracy of the resident database and helps to ensure that the EMO is able to notify residents about impending, escalating or even occurring emergency situations in Saskatoon.
The notifynow emergency notification system supports the City of Saskatoon’s Strategic Goals of Continuous Improvement and Quality of Life; EMO leverages notifynow technology to serve and connect with residents, keeping health and safety for all their top priority every day.