Residents reminded to be emergency ready: emergency notification test today and tomorrow
The Saskatoon Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) encourages residents to take always take steps to Be Emergency Ready, not only during Emergency Preparedness Week.
Reminder! Emergency Notification tests start today!
Wednesday, May 9 at 1:55 p.m.
- This is the first test of this system.
- The Canada Alert Ready test will be sent via Canadian radio and TV, cable and satellite operators. Emergency alerts will also be sent to compatible wireless devices connected to LTE networks.
- Residents do not have to sign-up for Canada Alert Ready emergency notifications.
- Visit alertready.ca for more information.
Thursday, May 10, 6:00 p.m.
The citywide notifynow test will be sent to Saskatoon residents tomorrow!
- Tested twice a year, notifynow is a trusted, timely and targeted emergency notification system for the residents of Saskatoon that play an essential part in reaching residents in instances of emergency.
- Should the EMO send you a notifynow message - you’ll know what to do, where to go and what to expect.
- Tell us how to best reach you in the event of a large-scale emergency, or one affecting only your neighbourhood. Sign-up for this free service to customize your preferred communication method and profile.
- Visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow for more information.
The EMO emphasizes the importance of personal preparedness through the use of these three steps: know the risks, make a plan, and get a kit. Visit the City’s website to view a helpful new video that shows how easy it is to make an emergency kit for yourself and your family.
Saskatoon residents wanting to learn more about personal emergency preparedness may call the Saskatoon EMO at 306-975-3210 or visit saskatoon.ca/notifynow.