Ruth Street Closed for Water Main Lining
All lanes on Ruth Street east, between Wiggins Avenue south and Cumberland Avenue south will be closed tomorrow to allow for water main lining at the intersection of Ewart Avenue south. The closure is expected to last for 2 days, barring weather delays or unforeseen circumstances.
What you can expect from us
- Lane closures in the area are scheduled to start at 7 a.m. on November 15, 2017.
- Detour signs will be in place in advance of the work zone, directing traffic around the area.
- This construction zone will be closed to drivers, pedestrians and cyclists while work is underway.
- Transit route 19 will be impacted by this construction zone. Please visit saskatoontransit.ca/service-alerts for more details.
How you can help us
- Drivers are advised to reroute their commute to avoid the area.
- Please obey all NO PARKING signs.
- During construction, large machinery will be used which produces some noise and vibration. Please stay clear of the work zone for your safety.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
- Plan your bus route in advancing online at Saskatoontransit.ca or on your mobile device with the real-time Google Maps or Transit App.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.