Ruth Street restrictions May 17 and 18
Two different water & sewer projects will close sections of Ruth Street for two days starting Thursday, May 17, 2018.
Ruth Street between Louise Avenue and Blain Avenue, including the intersection at Ruth Street and Louise Avenue, will be closed tomorrow for water main lining. This closure is scheduled to start in the early morning, but the detour will not start until other road closures in the immediate area are complete and detours have been removed.
Crews will also be working to repair a water and sewer connection on a section of Ruth Street just east of Norman Crescent. Some access to locations around the road closure will be maintained.
Work at these locations is scheduled to be complete late Friday, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- Ruth Street between Louise Avenue and Blain Avenue will close tomorrow as soon as detours in the surrounding area have been removed.
- The intersection of Ruth Street and Louise Avenue will be closed.
- A small section of Ruth Street east of Norman Crescent will be closed starting tomorrow morning.
- These detours are both scheduled to finish late Friday afternoon.
How you can help us
- Drivers are advised to expect delays and may want to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Refer to the City of Saskatoon service alerts for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for work crews, and for everyone’s safety, obey all detours, signs, and barriers.