Section of 1st Avenue Closed for Manhole Repairs
A section of 1st Avenue between 23rd Street and 24th Street will be closed on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, for manhole repairs. Construction is scheduled to take one day to complete, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- Detours and road restrictions will be in effect starting Tuesday, February 13 at 9:00 a.m.
- A section of 1st Avenue will be closed between 23rd Street and 24th Street.
- Detour signs will be in place well in advance of the work zone, directing traffic around the area.
How you can help us
- Drivers are encouraged to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Plan your bus route in advance online at Saskatoontransit.ca or on your mobile device with the real-time Google Maps or Transit App.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.