Sections of Central Avenue to Undergo Resurfacing Work
Central Avenue between Attridge Drive and Reid Road will be resurfaced this weekend (August 12-13). The work will entail a full closure of this stretch of roadway and detour signage will be posted to reroute traffic. Eastbound Attridge Drive around the intersection of Attridge Drive and Central Avenue will also be periodically restricted to one through lane.
Weather permitting and barring any unforeseen circumstances, the section of Central Avenue between Reid Road and 115th Street East will be resurfaced next weekend (August 19-20). This phase of work will also entail a full closure of the construction area.
Resurfacing involves removing a layer of deteriorated pavement and replacing it with a new layer of asphalt, leaving a smooth and stable driving surface. The need for resurfacing these sections of Central Avenue was identified as part of the Building Better Roads Plan.
What you can expect from us
- The work will be limited to daytime hours due to the roadway’s proximity to residences.
- Heavy equipment will be at work and some noise and vibration can be expected.
- Sidewalks will remain open throughout the construction work.
- Saskatoon Transit area bus stop and routes may be affected. Customers can call 306-975-3100 or visit saskatoontransit.ca for details.
How you can help us
- Respect workers, detours, signs and barriers.
- Plan an alternate route while the construction is underway.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for detailed information on traffic restrictions around the city.