Service Connections Planned for Avenue H
As part of ongoing water main improvement work, Avenue H will be closed between 18th Street and 19th Street starting Tuesday, September 12, 2017. The closure is expected to last five days, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- Avenue H will be closed as of 8:00 a.m., Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
- Crews will be working to install approximately 28 service connections on this block of Avenue H.
- Detour signs will be in place directing motorists around the construction zone.
- During construction, this roadway will be closed to motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians.
How you can help us
- Commuters are advised to reroute their commute to avoid this area if possible.
- Remember to respect work zones, detours, signs and barriers.
- Please obey all NO PARKING signs.
- During construction, large machinery will be used which produces some noise and vibration. Please stay clear of the work zone for your safety.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.