Snow plow training on freeways Thursday and Friday may cause brief traffic delays
Drivers may encounter slow-moving snow plows on Idylwyld Drive and Circle Drive Thursday and Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. as part of City operator training. During this training and throughout winter, when you see snow maintenance vehicles with blue flashing lights on the road, slow down, pay attention and leave room for them to work.
What you can expect from us
- A pilot truck will follow two slow-moving snow plows to alert drivers of the slower hazard ahead.
- Units will be clearly marked with signage indicating “Training in Progress”.
- Snow plows will have blue lights indicating they are winter maintenance vehicles.
- Sanding trucks will also be field-training on rural gravel roads as winter approaches.
How you can help us
- Use extra caution when approaching snow plows and graders, and avoid passing training vehicles.
- Leave the recommended space (15 metres) between your vehicle and equipment.
The City thanks drivers for their patience. When you see snow maintenance vehicles and blue flashing lights on the road, slow down, pay attention and leave room for them to work.