Telecommunications work: part of 25th St. closes Saturday
A section of 25th Street is planned to be closed between 2nd Avenue and 4th Avenue on Saturday, March 24, 2018, for telecommunications work. Work will take one day to complete barring unforeseen circumstances or, in light of the forecast, a weather delay.
What you can expect from us
- Detours and road restrictions will be in effect between 2nd Avenue and 4th Avenue from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 24.
- Intersections on 25th at 2nd and 4th Avenues will remain open.
- Detour signs will be in place well in advance of the work zone directing traffic around the area.
- The following Transit routes and stops will be impacted by this construction zone as of 6:00 a.m., Saturday. Please visit saskatoontransit.ca/service-alerts for more details.
- Routes Affected:
- 4, 6, 12, 40 & 45
- Stops Affected:
- #3282 3rd Avenue/24th Street (Catch the bus at the Downtown Terminal)
- #3170 25th Street/3rd Avenue (Catch the bus at 25th Street & 4th Avenue)
- #3285 3rd Avenue/25th Street ( Catch the bus at 3rd Avenue & 24th Street)
- #3171 3rd Avenue/25th Street (Route 12 outbound, Catch the bus at 25th Street & 2nd Avenue.)
- #4370 3rd Avenue/26th Street (Route 12 outbound, Catch the bus at 2nd Avenue & 26th Street)
- #3437 3rd Avenue/Queen Street (Route 12 inbound, Catch the bus at Queen St & 4th Avenue)
- #3978 3rd Avenue/26th Street (Route 12 inbound, Catch the bus at 2nd Avenue & 26th Street)
- Routes Affected:
How you can help us
- Drivers are encouraged to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Plan your bus route in advance online at Saskatoontransit.ca or on your mobile device withGoogle Maps or Transit App.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.