Warman Road Northbound Closed Starting Monday: Reroute Your Commute
Warman Road northbound, heading out of downtown, will be closed at the 33rd Street intersection to 5th Avenue, starting at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, September 12. A water main is being replaced and work is expected to last eight days, weather permitting and barring any unforeseen circumstances. Southbound traffic on Warman Road, heading into downtown, will not be affected.
The City asks drivers to reroute their commute.
What can residents expect?
- Starting Monday, drivers heading out of downtown on 2nd Avenue will not be able to access Warman Road.
- The pedestrian pathway along Warman Road will also be closed from 33rd Street to 5th Avenue.
- This closure will be in place beginning Monday, September 12 for up to eight days.
What can drivers and pedestrians do?
- Please respect detours, signs and barriers. This work requires an excavation and large equipment, which requires a full road closure, even when workers are not present.
- Reroute your commute. Avoid the area and use Idylwyld Drive, Quebec Avenue or Spadina Crescent.
- A detour for pedestrian traffic will be in place via Empress Street, 6th Avenue and Balmoral Avenue.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs and barriers.