Weather affecting overpasses; Attridge Drive Off-ramp to Circle Drive closed
A frozen culvert has caused flooding on the Attridge Drive Off-ramp to Circle Drive, resulting in the temporary closure of the ramp.
Recent direct sunshine and warmer temperatures have triggered an increase in snowmelt water while cooler temperatures overnight are causing localized freezing. Crews are working to open the culvert which will allow meltwater to drain off the roadway, but drivers are advised to allow for extra travel time in this area.
Today’s snowfall is expected to melt quickly. Drivers are reminded to use caution on roadways as sheltered areas, including those under overpasses, remain colder and can result in these locations staying snow covered and slippery. Sanders are on priority one roadways, including Circle Drive, and plows are ready should there be a substantial accumulation of snow.
What you can expect from us
- The Attridge Drive Off-ramp connecting Preston Crossing to Circle Drive is closed due to flooding. Crews are working to open a frozen culvert.
- Sanders are on priority one roadways and plows are ready should significant snowfall accumulate on roadways.
- City crews have been busy for the last few weeks clearing catch basins and culverts. This work will continue until the end of the snowmelt.
How you can help us
- Drivers are advised to allow for extra travel time in the area of the Attridge Drive Off-ramp to Circle Drive.
- Drivers are reminded to drive with caution as snow is expected to melt quickly and may result in water pooling on roadways. Cooler temperatures around sheltered roadways may contribute to slippery conditions.
- If you see areas where pooling water may be a hazard, please contact our 24-hour Customer Service Centre at 306-975-2476.