Winter is here, and parks maintenance is underway for the City’s diverse park spaces. To provide residents with park access year-round, these spaces require a range of care and management techniques throughout the winter months.
Some of the main park maintenance service levels in the winter months include:
Park Path and Sidewalk Clearing
- All lighted park pathways are cleared with a goal of completion within 48 hours of snowfall ending.
- Sidewalks adjacent to parks are cleared within 48 hours of snowfall ending.
- Approximately 14 km of crusher dust paths in naturalized parks are cleared with a goal of completion within 48 hours of snowfall ending.
- From October 15 to May 1 collection schedules for park waste bins are a minimum of once every three weeks.
Cross Country Ski Trail Grooming
- Cross country ski trails are maintained along the East and West banks of the beautiful South Saskatchewan River and in a variety of parks and open spaces throughout Saskatoon. Visit saskatoon.ca/ski for trail updates.
A reminder to park users to wear good footwear when using park areas during the winter season as pathways often become slippery.
For more information on park maintenance service levels, visit saskatoon.ca/parkmaintenance.