Emergency Water Main Repair Restricting Intersection Access at McKercher Drive and Boychuk Drive
The McKercher Drive and Boychuk Drive intersection is partially closed for an emergency water main repair. Construction is scheduled to take three days to complete, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- There is no access southbound on McKercher Drive from College Drive.
- Northbound lanes on McKercher Drive are restricted; reduced speed limits are in place.
- Multiple detour signs are in place well in advance of the work zone, directing traffic around the area.
- Transit route 18 will be detoured from McKercher Drive. Routes through College Park and East College Park from the University of Saskatchewan will be serviced by a shuttle bus. Please use the Transit app to plan your trip.
How you can help us
- Drivers are asked to watch for detour signs well in advance of the construction zone to give time to access alternate routes.
- This is a high traffic location. Drivers are asked to be patient and use caution around the construction zone and on detour routes.
- Drivers are encouraged to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Plan your bus route in advance online at Saskatoontransit.ca or on your mobile device with the real-time Google Maps or Transit App.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.