Recreation Facility Rentals
COVID-19 Response: Facility Rentals
Leisure facilities are currently closed including all programs and third-party rentals. Visit saskatoon.ca/reopensaskatoon for the latest information.
From Leisure Centres, outdoor pools, park event space, scenic River Landing venues, sports fields and rinks, the City of Saskatoon offers individuals, groups and organizers a wide range of options. Every event has its own set of requirements and every facility has its own advantages.
Rental options at indoor Leisure Centres are available for private, school, corporate and sport group rentals. Leisure Centres can accommodate groups from five to 4,500 and almost every kind of occasion. Flexible rental plans allow you to rent the entire building or just the facilities you need. Refer to the Recreation Facility Rental Options Guide for more information. Click here for the rates.
- Cosmo Civic Centre 306-975-3344
- Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre 306-975-3003
- Lakewood Civic Centre 306-975-2945
- Lawson Civic Centre 306-975-2951
- Saskatoon Field House 306-975-3360
- Shaw Centre 306-975-7772
For bookings, contact Customer Service at the Leisure Centre of your choice.
Private/School Group Rentals
Pre-season applications to rent the outdoor pools are processed during April and May. To make your reservation, call 306-975-2944. Each outdoor pool has a maximum capacity (see below), therefore rentals must book in advance.
Please note that bookings made during school hours (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) do not guarantee exclusive use of the pool.
2019 Rental Rates
Pool Rental: $80.00/hr plus GST
Lifeguard Charges: $27.00/hour, per guard plus GST (for a rental that is 3 hours or more) and $81.10 call-out rate per guard plus GST (for a rental that is 3 hours or less).
Recreation Technician Charges: $29.70/hour plus GST (for a rental that is 3 hours or more)
Up to 30: 3 staff min.
31-89: 4 staff min.
90-184: 5 staff min.
185-284: 6 staff min.
285-350: 9 staff min.
Park and River Landing Event Space
Picture perfect weddings, lively team building events and festive summer festivals are just some of the events that take place at our outdoor sites. Park and River Landing event space is available free of charge for event use; however, events do not have exclusive use of the space. Events, especially smaller occasions, often end up sharing event space with the general public.
There are also many scenic venues available to book at River Landing including an amphitheatre, belvederes and a fire vessel (there is a charge to book the fire vessel). You may not fence off park space or River Landing in a manner that blocks access to the Meewasin Valley Authority (MVA) trail or that prohibits access through the site.
Large Festival Sites
- Kiwanis Memorial Park (south of the Delta Bessborough)
- Rotary Park (south of the Broadway Bridge along Saskatchewan Crescent)
- Victoria Park (south of the Senator Sid Buckwold Bridge along Spadina Crescent)
- River Landing (Spadina Crescent)
- Kinsmen Park (25th Street) Coming Soon!
- Friendship Park (south of the Broadway Bridge off 19th Street)
- Diefenbaker Park (off St. Henry Avenue)
- Meewasin Park (north of the Circle Drive along Spadina Crescent)
Weddings can be booked in a park as long as it is understood that park space cannot be exclusive to this occasion. The most popular locations include:
- Vimy Memorial Bandshell (Kiwanis Memorial Park beside the Detla Bessborough)
- Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo (1903 Forestry Farm Drive)
- Albert School Park (12th Street & Clarence Avenue)
- Wiggins Park (Wiggins Avenue & 3rd Street)
- Ashworth Holmes Park (Avenue E North & 30th Street)
- Buena Vista Park (Victoria Avenue & 7th Street)
- River Landing Amphitheatre (between Traffic and Sid Buckwold Bridges off of Spadina Crescent)
Community Portable Stage & Showmobile
Both stages are available for use in parks and have sound equipment as well as roofs/canopies that partially cover the stage areas.
- Community Stage (size: 36ft x 16ft)
- Showmobile (size: 32ft x 16ft)
Outdoor Sport Fields
From softball to soccer, there is a field available for every outdoor sport played in Saskatoon. Many local clubs host local, provincial and national tournaments annually in Saskatoon's sports fields.
Contact the Allocations office at 306-975-3366 or firstname.lastname@example.org for rate information or to book a sport field. Find out more information on how to book a field for practices or a tournament by visiting the Sport Fields page.
There are a number of indoor rinks located throughout Saskatoon that offer various levels of hosting capabilities:
Contact the Allocations Office at 306-975-3366 or email@example.com for rate information or to book an indoor rink or the speed skating oval.
Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park
The City operates three public courses, which provide a level of play for everyone from the beginner to the advanced golfer, and are ideal for your next tournament. Tournament booking application forms are available on the Golf Courses page.