Outdoor Tennis / Pickleball Courts
2021 Tennis/Pickleball Courts
Tennis/Pickleball Courts are now open, operating in full compliance with guidelines and restrictions as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Government of Saskatchewan's Re-open Saskatchewan Plan.
Know Before You Go!
Preparing to Play
- Do not play if you or your playing partner(s) are feeling unwell or exhibiting any symptoms, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, and bring hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN) with you.
- Clean your equipment.
- Consider wearing a mask while you play if you can’t maintain two metres of physical distance.
- Avoid commonly touched surfaces; however, when you must, wash your hands and disinfect any surfaces you have been in contact with, including door handles, gates and benches.
- Singles play is recommended. Doubles play is permitted as long as participants are from the same household.
- Be sure to arrive just before your scheduled time to prevent queuing or gathering.
- No sharing of equipment (e.g. racquets, discs).
- Respect physical distancing of two metres with other players at all times – on and off the playing surface.
- For racquet sports, use two cans of balls with distinct markings or numbers (e.g. tennis balls or pickle balls). If it’s necessary to handle the balls (e.g. serving), be sure to only use your own.
- As much as possible, use your racquet or foot to pass the balls to another player.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer approved by Health Canada (DIN or NPN).
- Leave the playing area immediately after you complete play.
The City of Saskatoon owns and operates 38 outdoor tennis courts and 18 pickleball courts at 12 locations throughout the city.
Types of Courts
All of the City courts are asphalt with a painted base. Many have more than one court at each location (refer to the table below to confirm locations and number of courts at each location).
The City operates 1 indoor tennis court and 4 indoor pickleball courts located in the Saskatoon Field House (2020 College Drive). To book these courts please call the Saskatoon Field House at 306-975-3354.
|Park||Address||Area of City||Number of Tennis Courts||Number of Pickleball Courts||Status|
|Father Basil Markle Park||105th Street (North of A.C.T. Skating Rink)||East||0||9||
|Forest Park||Nelson Road (North east of St. Joseph High School)||East||3||1||OPEN|
|Ashworth Holmes Park||Avenue D and 31st Street||West||1||0||OPEN|
|James Girgulis||McCormack Road and Gropper Crescent||West||4||2||OPEN|
|Scott Park||Between Rusholme Road and 29th Street (West of E.D. Feehan High School)||West||4||2||OPEN|
|Umea Park||Pinehouse Drive and La Ronge Road (east of Lawson Civic Centre)||North||3||4||OPEN|
|W.J.L. Harvey (South)||Lenore Drive (west of Marion Graham Collegiate)||North||4||0||OPEN|
|Albert Park||Clarence Avenue and 12th Street||South||2||0||OPEN|
|Lakeview Park||Kingsmere Blvd (Located east of Lakeview School - access off of Emerald Crescent)||South||3||0||
|Nutana Kiwanis Park||Porter Street and McEown Avenue (East of Market Mall)||South||6||0||OPEN|
|Sidney Buckwold||McKercher Drive (North of Duncan Crescent)||South||4||0||OPEN|
|Rotary Park||Saskatchewan Crescent and McPherson Avenue||Central||4||0||OPEN|
The outdoor tennis/pickleball season generally runs from the beginning of May through September 30th annually, weather permitting.
Please refer to the above table to confirm court locations and operating status. The status will be updated as courts become 'closed for the season' or 'open for the season'. Most City-owned courts are fenced and locked during the off-season to prevent and reduce vandalism and damage.
When weather permits, outdoor courts may open for the season early. If the tennis nets are up and the gates are unlocked, the public is free to play. Rules and regulations are clearly posted on the fencing.
**Please note: With the exception of the courts at Father Basil Markle, Pickleball nets are not provided by the City. Users are welcome to bring their own nets for use and should be removed once play has concluded.
Casual tennis/pickleball play operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note that all City-owned courts limit players to 30 minutes when people are waiting to play.
Please call Allocations at 306-975-3366 to book courts for a special event or a tournament.