You must complete a Request for Demolition for the demolition of any residential or commercial building—from residential garages to large commercial buildings.
The drawings and permit application requirements vary for different projects.
How to Apply for a Demolition Permit
To apply for a permit to demolish a building or structure:
- Complete the Request for Demolition Application including the Owner's Authorization for Demolition.
- Complete the Declaration of Intent Form.
- Complete the Asbestos Removal Notification Form. Required to be submitted for all buildings constructed before 1983. The Asbestos Removal Notification Form indicates if any asbestos will be disturbed or removed during work.
- Include two sets of site plans showing all buildings on the site and indicate which building(s) on the site will be demolished.
- Submit application and supporting materials to Building Standards, 222-3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0J5