You are here

Frequently Asked Questions

Last updated:  February 3, 2021

General Information
City of Saskatoon Planning, Programs and Services
Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan & The City of Saskatoon


Where can I get the most up-to-date health information?

Saskatchewan residents should go to for the latest information.  The site includes information on travel guidance and preventative measures as well as information for care providers.​

Should I be concerned about COVID-19?

It is important to keep up to date with the current risk level in Saskatchewan at

We want to assure you we are continuing to closely monitor this evolving situation. The City’s Office of Emergency Management is in close communication with Saskatchewan Health Authority, including the Saskatchewan Medical Health Office and Government of Canada to help us respond appropriately.  We are also in close contact with our key stakeholders to coordinate overall planning for Saskatoon.


Which City facilities and outdoor public places are closed?

City Hall & Buildings
As of June 15, the Payment Centre, Customer Service & Collections counters located in the lobby of City Hall have opened for in-person service. The lobby has been modified with the health, safety and well-being of employees and citizens as a top priority. The remainder of City Hall and other buildings remain closed to the public. Our business operations continue to ensure core services for our residents as much as possible.

Leisure Facilities & Attractions  - visit for the latest updates on the re-opening of facilities.

Fire Stations

  • Fire Station No. 1 (Headquarters) - 125 Idylwyld Drive South
  • Fire Station No. 2 - 3111 Diefenbaker Drive
  • Fire Station No. 3 - 2613 Clarence Avenue South
  • Fire Station No. 4 - 2106 Faithfull Avenue
  • Fire Station No. 5 - 421 Central Avenue
  • Fire Station No. 6 - 3309 Taylor Street East
  • Fire Station No. 7 - 3550 Wanuskewin Road
  • Fire Station No. 8 - 207 Slimmon Road
  • Fire Station No. 9 / Emergency Management Organization Headquarters - 870 Attridge Drive 
  • Fire Prevention Station - 1906 York Avenue
  • Staff Development Centre - 116 Avenue W South

Which bridge walkways, pedestrian overpasses and underpasses are closed? Which are still open?

​To encourage social distancing, temporary restrictions are in place on City bridge walkways. The Traffic Bridge, Broadway Bridge and University Bridge, with walkways on both sides, are now operating as one-way only. The CP Pedestrian Bridge and Sid Buckwold Bridge walkways are closed. Please see the table below to view restrictions on all other City bridge walkways.

Pedestrian Overpasses / Underpasses


College Drive and Central Avenue

Cross when bridge is empty

22nd Street by Circle Drive

Cross when bridge is empty

22nd Street by Shaw Centre

Cross when bridge is empty

Idylwyld Drive by St. Patrick Avenue/Hilliard Street

Cross when bridge is empty

Idylwyld Drive N by 45th Street

Cross when bridge is empty

University and College Drive

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and Pembina Place/Rupert Drive

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and Adolph Crescent/Preston Crossing

Cross when bridge is empty

Attridge Drive and Rossmo Road/Forestry Farm

Enter when tunnel is empty

Circle Drive and Clancy Drive/18th Street

Enter when tunnel is empty

Circle Drive and Vancouver Avenue

Enter when tunnel is empty

Circle Drive and 29th Street

Enter when tunnel is empty

Circle Drive and Edmonton Avenue

Enter when tunnel is empty

Idylwyld Drive and 11th Street

Enter when tunnel is empty

Circle Drive and Harrington Crescent/Lindsay Drive

Enter when tunnel is empty

33rd Street and 10th Avenue

Enter when tunnel is empty


Bridges / Overpasses with Walkways on One Side


Circle Drive North/Stew Uzelman Pedway

Maintain spacing on walkway

Gordie Howe Bridge

Maintain spacing on walkway

Circle Drive and 22nd Street

Maintain spacing on walkway

Idylwyld Drive and Taylor Street

Maintain spacing on walkway

Idylwyld Drive and McKercher Drive

Maintain spacing on walkway

Circle Drive East and Idylwyld Drive North

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and Warman Road

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and 108th Street

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and Preston Avenue

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and Clarence Avenue

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and Lorne Avenue

Cross when bridge is empty

Circle Drive and 11th Street

Cross when bridge is empty

College Drive and McKercher Drive

Cross when bridge is empty

Clarence Avenue and Railway Overpass

Cross when bridge is empty

Which pedestrian crossing intersections have been changed to work without the need to touch the push buttons?

In keeping with public health guidelines, residents should avoid using their hands to touch shared surfaces in the public like pedestrian push buttons. To help with this, the City has made adjustments to over 250 traffic signals so that pedestrians will get the crossing light without pushing the activation buttons. Vehicles may notice a slightly longer wait at these high-use pedestrian crossing intersections as a result. Signage is also in place to remind people to not touch the buttons. 

Will I still be able to register for and participate in leisure programs? 

With the re-opening of Leisure Centres, a limited selection of registered programs are being offered. For the latest on registered programs, such as Red Cross Swimming Lessons, visit

To participate in Drop-in programs, participants are encouraged to Book a Visit.  Visits can be booked up to 2 days in advance by visiting Leisure Online and selecting the ‘Book a Visit’ option, or by calling 306-975-2855 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., daily. New sessions open for booking at 9:00 a.m. each day.  Sessions shown in red are not yet available for booking. 

Pre-booked spots will be held for 15 minutes from the start of the session. If the spot is still unclaimed after 15 minutes, the pre-booked spot will be given to a walk-in patron. This excludes Land and Aqua Fitness classes, which are unable to accept patrons after the start of the class.  Since there is a high demand for some programs, please call any Leisure Centre to cancel if you are unable to attend your booking.  

Walk-in spots are available up to 30 minutes prior to the start of a session. There are a limited number of walk-in spots available for each drop-in program, except for land fitness, aqua fitness and lane swimming, which must be booked in advance. 

Click here to view the step-by-step instruction sheet on how to book a visit online.

Are third-party events and activities still allowed to be held in City facilities and outdoor public places?

Third-Party Rentals
All third-party rentals at indoor Leisure Centres, arenas, sport fields, outdoor special event spaces and Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park booked are subject the Government of Saskatchewan Public Health Orders. Visit for updates on rental opportunities.

Outdoor Special Events
Public and private outdoor gatherings are permitted up to 10 persons. If you would like more information, please email

Sport Field Rentals
Sport Field rentals have resumed. If you would like to book use of a sport field, please email

Flag Raising Services, Civic Square
Flag raising services in civic square are also suspended indefinitely.

Is there any impact to City Council meetings at City Hall?

At this time, City Council meetings continue to be held via teleconference and streamed live at A new online meeting platform enables the opportunity for continued public participation. Members of the public are also able to view City Hall meetings at a later date under Minutes and Agendas

What has the City done to provide financial flexibility for residents regarding utility services and property taxes?

We understand the COVID-19 pandemic is causing financial challenges for many in our community. Learn about the immediate action the City has taken to allow residents more time to pay their taxes and utility bills:

Utility Services

The City will continue to bill for utility services as normal.  However, to best serve the City’s customers in these extraordinary times, the City has made the following changes to current utility collections activities:

  1. Utility disconnections due to arrears will be suspended until September 30, 2020.
  2. Late payment charges will be suspended on all utility accounts until September 30, 2020.
  3. We will continue to generate utility bill reminders and other related notices for customers who are in arrears to keep them informed of their current situation.

These measures are aimed at providing financial flexibility for customers who may not be able to afford to pay their bills on time. By suspending late payment charges, utility customers will have the option to delay bill payments without putting themselves in additional financial hardship. Delaying disconnections will help ensure that all homes have access to water, allowing for proper hand washing and personal hygiene.

For Customers with Utility Arrears - Updated September 1, 2020

The City of Saskatoon hopes to assist customers who have an outstanding utility arrears balance on their account by offering a flexible and personalized repayment plan. For more information on this plan, please email or call 306-975-2405 for more details.

2020 Property Taxes

Your 2020 Property Tax notice will be delivered by the end of May 2020.  On your notice, your 2020 Property Tax due date will still show as June 30, 2020. However:

  • The City is extending a three-month grace period to provide you with additional time to pay your 2020 Property Tax.
  • You will not incur any late payment penalties on your 2020 Property Tax if you pay the full amount due by September 30, 2020.
  • Also, for TIPPS customers currently paying their 2020 Property Tax over 12-equal monthly installments, you may request to be removed from TIPPS at any time should you require immediate, short-term financial relief without incurring a penalty. Your full property tax amount will then be due September 30, 2020. ​​

Have questions?

We understand this is a challenging time for many residents. We are here to discuss your property tax-related questions, please email or contact our Corporate Revenue Customer Service Representatives at 306-975-2400. 

What City services can I access online?

The City of Saskatoon offers many online services which are listed at

Is City service work continuing at private properties during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Is the City still responding to service requests during the COVID-19 pandemic?
During the pandemic, the City will only accommodate urgent private property service requests that involve disruption to core services such as water, sewer, and power. This is in accordance with public health orders to minimize contact with people (outside their personal household) as much as possible.

What can I expect when calling the City with a private property service request during the COVID-19 pandemic?
When reporting your concern or request for service, City staff will have several questions to discern the urgency of the work and the potential for health risk. If you or anyone else at your property has tested positive for COVID-19, is currently unwell, is in isolation due to travel, or has had exposure to the virus, you must disclose this information to City staff. Saskatchewan residents that ignore public health orders and recommendations for isolation can face fines of $2,000 or arrest.

While practising physical distancing due to COVID-19, is it safe to grant access to a City of Saskatoon service person?
The City will only proceed with those private property service calls that are urgent and involve disruption to core services. City employees will adhere to strict safety protocols during the service call, including: disinfecting themselves and their equipment prior to entering your property, practising physical distancing (keeping two metres between people), and – where appropriate – the use of personal protective equipment. 

Any City of Saskatoon employee that is feeling unwell or has had exposure to COVID-19 has been ordered to stay home. They will not be conducting service calls or any other work in the community.

What are my responsibilities around a private property service call during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Property owners need to ensure the work environment is clean and free of clutter, and that as few people are present during the service call as possible. Any people that are present must practice physical distancing by ensuring they remain at least two metres from the worker and the work area.

City of Saskatoon employees are able to refuse entry to a property if they observe signs of cold or flu.

How will COVID-19 impact the City's budget and finances? Will my taxes change?

Find answers to these important questions and more by clicking here.


What is the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan?

The Re-Open Saskatchewan plan was developed by the Government of Saskatchewan and released to the public on April 23. It is a methodical and phased-in approach to slowly and responsibly lift restrictions on businesses and services. The plan consists of five phases. The timing and order of the businesses and workplaces included in each phase is subject to change throughout the process based on a continuous assessment of transmission patterns and other factors.

How is the City of Saskatoon responding?

The City supports the Provincial Government's Re-Open Saskatchewan plan with a reminder that we all need to keep physical distancing and established protective health measures in place while it slowly unfolds. The City will fully comply with both the guidelines and restrictions under the current Public Health Order as required by the Chief Medical Health Officer and regulated under the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan.

Visit this page for frequent updates:

When can my business re-open in Saskatoon? What do I need to know?

Provincial Government's Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan

Please refer to the Provincial Government's Re-Open Saskatchewan plan for information on each of the following areas:

Plumbing Troubleshooting for Businesses

Businesses re-opening after weeks of no activity may notice water quality changes due to stagnant water in their plumbing pipes. As the Province’s Re-Open Saskatchewan plan allows for the re-opening of businesses, we encourage businesses to follow inspection and flushing recommendations at This will apply for all businesses as they re-open if they haven’t used their water for a while.


What precautions can I take to protect from COVID-19?

Learn about the precautions you can take to protect yourself here.