At a local level, we continue to follow the direction of the Government of Saskatchewan and the Re-Opening Roadmap to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Masks and Physical Distancing
As of July 11, masking and physical distancing are not required in City facilities or Saskatoon Transit. Masks are always welcome to be worn by both customers and employees, with a reminder they must be removed when participating in aquatic activities in Leisure Centres.
Throughout the summer, any remaining outdoor and facility signage indicating mask wearing and/or physical distancing will be addressed by City crews.
Protect Yourself and Others - Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
As a respiratory illness, the best method to protect yourself against COVID-19 is to practice everyday preventive actions including:
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Maintain safe food practices and avoid sharing cups, glasses, dishes or cutlery
- Clean high-touch surfaces and objects frequently
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Get tested even if you are experiencing mild symptoms