You are here

Frequently Asked Questions

Last updated: April 29, 2022


Where can I get the most up-to-date health information?

Saskatchewan residents should go to for the latest information.


How are City Council meetings held?

City Council and its Committees have resumed in-person meetings, including public attendance, as of April 2022.  Virtual attendance will continue to be accommodated.  Members of the public are encouraged to follow Council and Committee meeting using the live stream if not able to attend in person. Members of the public are also able to view City Hall meetings at a later date under Minutes and Agendas.

More information can be found by visiting Upcoming and Past Meetings.

What has the City done to provide financial flexibility for residents regarding utility services and property taxes?

Please email or contact Corporate Revenue Customer Service Representatives at 306-975-2400 to discuss your utility services and property tax payment questions.

What City services can I access online?

The City of Saskatoon offers many online services which are listed at

Questions about City employees entering private properties (homes & businesses) during the COVID-19 pandemic

What can I expect when calling the City with a private property service request during the COVID-19 pandemic?
When reporting your concern or request for service, City staff will have several questions to discern the urgency of the work and the potential for health risk. If you or anyone else at your property has tested positive for COVID-19, is currently unwell, is in isolation or has had exposure to the virus, you must disclose this information to City staff. 

While practising physical distancing due to COVID-19, is it safe to grant access to a City of Saskatoon service person?
The City will only proceed with those private property service calls that are urgent and involve disruption to core services. City employees will adhere to strict safety protocols during the service call, including: disinfecting themselves and their equipment prior to entering your property, practising physical distancing (keeping two metres between people), and – where appropriate – the use of personal protective equipment. Any City employee that is feeling unwell or has had exposure to COVID-19 has been ordered to stay home. They will not be conducting service calls or any other work in the community.

What are my responsibilities around a private property service call during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Property owners need to ensure the work environment is clean and free of clutter, and that as few people are present during the service call as possible. Any people that are present must practice physical distancing by ensuring they remain at least two metres from the worker and the work area. City employees are able to refuse entry to a property if they observe signs of cold or flu.