You are here

Special Event Forms & Permits

Event organizers are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations. The Special Event Interdepartmental Committee and Allocations Office will work with you to determine which permits, licenses and inspections are required for your event.

Please note that many departments and regulators require 30-90 days to review applications before they can provide approvals or scheduled inspections.

Event organizers are responsible for charges and fees related to obtaining the necessary permits and licenses. The following permits, licenses and inspections may be required for your event:

Site Inspection

Twenty-one (21) days in advance of the event, event organizers must arrange an on-site meeting with the Parks Division (Parks) staff for one week prior to the event. The on-site meeting will allow for review of vehicle access, the site map, and amenities.

The Special Event Programmer will be in contact with the organizer to set up an on-site meeting.

Utility and Irrigation Line Inspection

Event organizers may use tents and other temporary structures as part of their Special Event. All tents or other structures requiring in ground stakes must have locations cleared by Sask1st Call for underground utilities, please contact Sask1st Call, 72 hours prior to your event at: 1 (888) 828-4886 or visit For parks irrigation, please email requests to

For more information on tents and air-supported structures, please:

Noise Bylaw Extension

Event organizers are responsible for the monitoring and control of noise resulting from their event. Events that occur outside the Noise Bylaw hours are required to request an extension of the Noise Bylaw from City Council. Make your request at least six weeks prior to your event. Noise Bylaw hours are:

Days Time
Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Noise Bylaw Extension Requests can be submitted by email to or mail to:

City Clerks Office
c/o City Hall
222 3rd Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK  S7K 0J5

The following information must be included in the Noise Bylaw Extension Request:

  • Subject Title - Noise Bylaw Extension Request and Event Name
  • organizer contact information
  • the ward where the event is taking place (Ward Map)
  • event name, date(s) and time(s); 
  • a sample of the flyer/poster that you will share with the community association and any business or resident within a two block radius with the details of the event, should your extension be approved; and
  • identify previous years and locations of event.

Drone Flyover Request

In accordance to Bylaw No. 7767 Recreation Facilities and Parks Usage, no person shall fly Model Aircraft or Unmanned Aerial Vehicle in any Park or Recreation Facility except as permitted by the City. Fill out the Drone Flyover Request Application Form and submit to:

General Manager
Community Development
c/o City Hall
222 3rd Ave North
Saskatoon, SK   S7K 0J5

Special Occasions (Alcohol) Permit

Special Occasions Permits must be approved through the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA) Head Office. It is important that you apply for the permit well in advance of your event to ensure there is adequate processing time.

Requirements when applying for Special Occasions Permit for Special Events:

City Clerks Office
c/o City Hall
222 3rd Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK  S7K 0J5

  • Site Plan
    • SLGA head office will make the determination if a site plan is required when reviewing the application
  • Enclosure - Events over 500 Attendees
    • the proposed permitted area must be isolated by means of an enclosure to prevent public access;
    • enclosure must be constructed of a material that will not allow containers of beverage alcohol to be passed through or over (e.g. plastic snow fence);
    • enclosure must be secured to ensure that it cannot be climbed over or pushed down to gain access; and
    • enclosure must be a minimum of 5 feet high. If the barrier height is less than 5 feet, a double barrier is required with a buffer zone of at least 4 feet in width.
  • Enclosure - Smaller Events
    • a 4-foot rope barrier is sufficient for smaller events.

Contact SLGA Client Services Branch for more information about Special Occasions Permits at: 1 (800) 667-7565 or visit Additional information can be found on page 6 and 7 in the City of Saskatoon Special Event Information Guide.

Fireworks Permit

If your event plans to have fireworks, please fill out the Fireworks Event Application Form and review the Safety Instructions for Firing Commercial Fireworks.

If you require further information, please contact the Fire Department Prevention & Inspection Division at (306) 975-2578

Permit to Burn

An Permit to Burn is required to set an open-air fire as part of a block party, community event or similar function or celebrations. Open-air fires must adhere to The Fire and Protective Services Bylaw No. 7990, Section 18. If you require more information, please contact (306) 975-2578

Motorized Vehicle in Parks Permit

Motorized vehicles are not permitted within City of Saskatoon parks as per The Recreation and Parks Usage Bylaw. A Motorized Vehicle in Parks Permit is required to operated approved motorized vehicles within City of Saskatoon parks (this includes: golf carts, gators and all regular vehicles).

For additional guidelines, please refer to page 11 in the City of Saskatoon Special Event Information Guide.

River Use Permit

When considering an event on the river, whether sporting, recreational, public event or any other activity where vessels will operate, the organizer must contact Transport Canada - Office of Boating Safety at 1 (888) 463-0521 or email They will advise you if a Vessel Operation Restriction Regulation (VORR) permit and/or a Navigation Protection review of the event/activity, is required. 

Temporary Food Permit

If you wish to provide a food and beverage service at a Special Event, a Temporary Food Permit is required by the Saskatoon Health Region. Visit Saskatoon Health Region's Temporary Food Events webpage or contact (306) 655-4605 for more information on how to apply.

Food trucks may also be present at your event, review the checklist to ensure that you, as a Special Event Coordinator, or Food Truck Operator are aware of the rules and your responsibilities.