Plumbing Permit Requirements
A plumbing system may not be constructed, altered, extended, renewed or repaired unless a plumbing permit has been obtained for the work. To obtain a permit, you must be a licensed plumbing contractor registered with the City of Saskatoon. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that the plumbing contractors comply with the Plumbing Regulations.
A Plumbing Permit is required whenever a plumbing system is being constructed, changed, renewed, repaired or when fixtures are being set for the first time on an originally permitted rough in.
When a Plumbing Permit is not required:
- to clear a blockage in a drainage system
- to repair a leak in a water distribution system
- to replace a fixture without any change to the drainage system
- to replace existing faucets, water heaters or valves
Plumbing Permit Application Process
- Complete the Plumbing Permit Application form.
- Submit application form and corresponding documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Building Standards representative will contact you to collect payment via credit card and a permit will be issued.
- Inspections take place at the rough-in and final stages. Several rough-in inspections may be required depending on the complexity of the specific project. A final inspection is required before the new system can be put into service.
Book a Plumbing Inspection
To book a plumbing inspection, call 306-975-7631 and provide the following information:
- Plumbing Permit Application (PPA) number
- Property address
- Contractor's name
- Required date of inspection
Call 306-975-7631 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00a.m. the day of your inspection to confirm your inspection time. Plumbing contractor must be on site for inspection.
New plumbing contractors may contact the Senior Plumbing Inspector 306-975-7631 for details for certification.
One a plumbing permit is issued, it is not transferrable.
|Cost per fixture||$17.80||$18.60||$19.50||$19.89|
|Per fixture to adjust permit up||$19.80||$20.60||$21.50||$21.89|
A summary of plumbing permit fees are outlined in the Plumbing Permits Bylaw.