Legal Claim Information
How to make a claim against the City of Saskatoon:
If you are:
- an individual who has suffered personal damage; OR
- an insurance adjuster wanting to make a claim on behalf of the insured, please complete the claim form below.
To ensure your claim is not delayed, please read this entire webpage and send all of the information required.
What you can expect from us
- Once your claim is submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt and also a copy of your online submission.
- A report will be requested from the appropriate City Department.
- The City analyzes every claim on a case-by-case basis using the information provided from yourself, the City Department and all relevant legislation, to determine whether the City is liable.
- When the City determines whether it is liable, partially-liable or not liable, you will receive a letter informing you of the City’s position.
- Generally, this process takes 6 to 8 weeks.
How you can help us
- Please notify the City within 30 days from the date of the incident that lead to your claim. This 30-day requirement is a statutory requirement found within The Cities Act.
- If you have any supporting evidence such as photographs (of the state of disrepair, location and/or your damages), invoices, quotes or other relevant documents, please include those with your claim.
- If after you have completed your online submission you have further supporting material, please email the Claims Administrator at email@example.com.
If you do not agree with the City’s determination and you decide to sue the City for your damages, you must start your lawsuit and serve it on the City within one year of the date of the incident. This is a statutory requirement found within The Cities Act.