Contact Us on Social Media
Connect with your civic services on social media. Stay informed and updated on the latest news related to City of Saskatoon services, programs, and operations.
What you can expect from us
- Informative, timely, and accurate news on City programs, services, and operations.
- Updates on major projects, important notices, civic educational information and more.
- We monitor the official City of Saskatoon social media accounts on Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except for statutory holidays.
- We strive to give courteous and informative responses to your direct questions and comments.
- We reserve the right to edit social media content for purposes such as clarity or length.
In an effort to create a respectful and harassment-free forum for the public and our employees, we will remove any comments that contain:
- Profane, obscene, violent, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Promotion, fostering or perpetuation of discrimination on the basis of race, creed, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin;
- Defamatory, hateful or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Solicitation of commerce, not related to City business or initiatives;
- Content in violation of any Canadian law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates intellectual property rights;
- Content considered inappropriate by the City;
- Comments that are inaccurate, misleading, off-topic, or involve the spread of misinformation or disinformation regarding City services, programs, and operations;
- Content that provides any non-public information about the City or its employees; or
- Third party content that is posted without legitimate sources or links.
Individuals or organizations associated with content as described above may be blocked or banned from the official City of Saskatoon social media accounts without warning, or their comments deleted or hidden from public view.
How you can help us
- Follow or subscribe to the social media channels listed on this webpage.
- Ask questions and engage in respectful dialogue.
- Call or email when we request it, or when we need more information to follow-up on your inquiry.
- Healthy debate is welcome, kindness is encouraged. We appreciate all feedback on our service levels, whether it's constructive criticism, suggestions, or kudos, and they are shared with the appropriate department. Please remember to submit formal feedback, use the Contact Us form.
- Do not submit a comment or other content that contains confidential, proprietary or trade secret information, whether owned by you or someone else. Any content submitted to the City's official social media accounts is not confidential.
Your comments or messages may be saved and may become part of the City of Saskatoon's official records. By agreeing to interact with official City of Saskatoon social media accounts you consent to the following terms; the personal information you post may be collected by The City of Saskatoon under The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (LAFIOP) and may be used by The City of Saskatoon to re-post on our social channels. You agree to grant The City an irrevocable non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferrable license to use, publish, alter, edit, reproduce, create derivative works from, and display the content post/submission (including any personal information therein), in any form, in connection with the business operations of The City of Saskatoon; and you must have permission to use the name and/or likeness of each identifiable individual in your submissions.
City of Saskatoon
Saskatoon Fire Department
Twitter @saskatoonemo (Saskatoon Emergency Management)