Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo
Who's New at the Zoo? Arctic Wolves
The Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo is excited to introduce the newest pack in town - Arctic wolves Nuna, Anori and Inneq. The three sisters arrived last week and are settling into their new home at the Nutrien Ark.
Arctic wolves are a subspecies of grey wolf, and they have some fantastic adaptations including the ability to withstand the sub-zero temperatures and months of absolute darkness often experiences in their natural habitat.
Admission by Donation – November 1 to March 31
The fun doesn’t stop just because the temperature drops! Admission to the Zoo is by donation from November 1 to March 31 each year. While the grizzly bears enjoy some restful sleep during the winter months, many of our other animals thrive in the cooler weather including our snow leopard.
Hours of Operation
|Zoo||10:00 a.m.||4:00* p.m.|
|Forestry Farm Park||7:30 a.m.||4:30 p.m.|
*Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
The Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo operates 364 days a year, only closing on December 25 each year. Hours of operation vary by season, check back for the latest hours of operation!
Who's at the Zoo?
Zoo Season Pass
A Zoo Season Pass is your ticket to year-round adventures!
- Free daily admission to the Zoo (private events excluded)
- Free parking
- Invitation to special events and exhibit previews
- Free or discounted admissions* at participating CAZA zoos across Canada.
Before you go
- Check out our Zoo Map
- Last admission is 30 minutes before close
- Parking fees are in effect May 1 to Labour Day ($4/vehicle)
- Mobility scooter available on first come, first served basis. There is no cost to use the scooter - a driver’s license or credit card will be held while using the scooter at the Zoo.
- Complimentary wheelchair rentals are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Wagon rentals are back! Available on a first come, first served basis. $5 rental fee.
- Washrooms are available by the Buckeye Café and in the Affinity Learning Centre
- The Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo is a pet-free park
During your visit
- Please remain behind safety barriers
- Please respect the animal diets by not feeding them
- Outside food or beverages are not permitted in the Zoo
- Water bottles and infant items are permitted
- Bikes, scooters and roller blades are not permitted inside the Zoo
Attraction and exhibit updates
- Kinsmen Children’s Zoo (Closed)
- Prairie Butterfly House (Closed for Season)
- Kinsmen Express II Train (Closed for Season)
- Goeldi's Monkey (Exhibit closed for renovations, opening summer 2023)
1903 Forestry Farm Park Drive (off Attridge Drive)
The Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo has successfully achieved Canada's Accredited Zoos and Aquariums (CAZA) accreditation. CAZA accreditation is valid for five years.
The Saskatoon Zoo Society offers virtual and onsite classroom education programs, exciting day and summer camps, public interpretation activities and birthday parties. Check out the exciting programs offered by the Saskatoon Zoo Society - for young and old alike!
Saskatoon Zoo Society receives award for Species at Risk Program
The Regional Centre of Expertise on Education for Sustainable Development (RCE) Saskatchewan will be hosting its 14th annual Awards for Achievement in Education for Sustainable Development and the educators at the Saskatoon Zoo Society will receive an award for the Species at Risk Program. Since the programs development in 2021, the Saskatoon Zoo Society has offered 110 Species at Risk classes reaching more than 2,500 students and 111 educators. Learn more about the Species at Risk and other programs at saskatoonzoosociety.ca.
Lions Event Pavilion Open for Rentals
The Lions Event Pavilion, located beside the Nutrien Ark exhibit in the Zoo, is a 9,600 square foot sheltered rental facility with the ability to host large corporate or family functions of up to 700 people. Open for rentals May through September during Zoo hours. The pavilion will also serve as the permanent home of the Saskatoon Zoo Foundation’s annual Zoogala fundraising event. Visit our Rentals page for more information.
Plan your Visit
Travelling from out of town? Visit Tourism Saskatchewan or Discover Saskatoon to plan your visit! Search the calendar of events to find out what is going on and check out the other amazing attractions and festivals in Saskatoon! Looking for a place to stay? Browse available hotels in Saskatoon.
Leisure Gift Cards
Give the gift of fun year-round with a Leisure Gift Card! Good for use at any Leisure Centre, outdoor pool, indoor rink, municipal golf course, plus the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo, Gordon Howe Campground and Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park. Available for purchase at the participating facilities.