Waste collection is an essential service to our community and our staff are continuing their routes as scheduled at this time. During this time, we ask that you please help protect the health and safety of our staff and recycling partners and reduce the spread of the virus by following these guidelines:
- Bag your garbage
- Do NOT place loose used tissues and napkins in your bin as they can become wind-blown when the lid opens during collection.
- Do NOT discard used protective gloves or masks on the ground; place these items in a bag and put in your household garbage or black cart/bin.
- Do NOT overfill your carts or leave loose items on the ground
- IF YOU'RE SICK: Place ANY item that has come into contact with your mouth, nose or eyes into the garbage; even items that you normally place into your blue cart/bin (e.g. water/beverage bottles, pop cans, milk/juice cartons, etc.)
- Ensure accessible cart placement to avoid manual handling by the driver and return your cart to your property after collection.
- Don’t miss pick-up day! Your Collection Calendar is available online. Sign up for updates, get the Saskatoon Recycle & Waste app, or print your own. Please remind your neighbours if you notice their carts have not been placed out for collection.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Waste & Recycling
Don't miss pickup day! Search your home address to get your collection calendar and sign up for the reminders that work best for you.
Find out what goes in your green, black and blue carts.
Loose, clean recyclable materials are collected city-wide through the curbside Blue Cart recycling service and the multi-unit residential recycling service. The same materials are accepted at the City's Recycle Depots.
Organics (Yard & Food Waste)
We have composting programs for green waste including seasonal items, like leaves, grass and Christmas trees; and now food waste. Residents can subscribe for Green Cart home collection or visit one of two compost depots.
Use your black cart or metal waste bin for household garbage such as non-recyclable waste including Styrofoam, diapers and wipes.
Household Hazardous Waste
Mark your calendar for the next Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day to safely dispose of your aerosol cans, batteries, light bulbs, cleaning products, paint cans and more.
Follow these easy tips for your blue, black and optional green cart. Report an illegal dumping concern online and our Environmental Protection team will follow up.
Illegal dumping involves the unauthorized disposal of waste on public or private property. Not only is illegal dumping harmful to our environment, it's unsightly and expensive,
YXE Waste Tour
Join us every #WasteWednesday throughout the summer as our SWRC summer students tour around Saskatoon to learn about waste diversion opportunities.
Find out more about recycling education and awareness programs.
Solid Waste Reduction & Diversion Plan
The City of Saskatoon takes an integrated approach to waste management by combining waste handling and waste reduction strategies.