Snow Storage Sites
You are so quiet with your truck. The neighbours really appreciate it!
Temporary snow storage sites closed, effective April 11, 2023
- Southwest: Civic Operations Centre on Valley Road
- Northwest - Wanuskewin Road (1.4 km south of Highway 11) - CLOSED
- Northeast - Central Avenue (accessible from McOrmond Drive - see map) - CLOSED
What you can expect from us
- The City operates one permanent snow storage facility at the Civic Operations Centre on Valley Road and two temporary snow dump sites: one on Wanuskewin Road and one on Central Avenue.
- Contractor staff are on-site to push deposited snow and manage storage space at the snow storage sites.
- If ground conditions at the temporary snow dump sites are too soft from warmer weather, the sites may be closed to prevent damage to the site.
- Maximum speed at each location is 25 km/h.
- We will notify email subscribers when the sites open and close for the season and if there are any disruptions. Please subscribe to our email list below.
How you can help us
- Due to the proximity of residences, tailgate slamming (caused by hard-braking to loosen snow in truck boxes) is strictly prohibited at the Civic Operations Centre.
- For everyone's safety, obey the signs for entering and exiting sites. Traffic is directed to reduce collisions.
- Unload snow as directed by onsite staff.
- Illegal dumping and tailgate slamming should be reported to our Customer Care Centre.