Park Access Permits
In order to protect park space for the enjoyment of all users, a permit is required to access private property from a City park to complete all work including landscaping, construction, tree removal, renovations and building a deck, fence or pool. Homeowners and contractors must fill out the Request Access to a Park Online Form (below) or call Parks Customer Service to obtain a permit. Permit applications should be submitted at least one week prior to date required.
Once the permit has been issued, the permit holder is responsible for:
- Repairing any damage to City property at the homeowner's/contractor’s expense.
- Removing all litter/debris after the project is complete.
- Expenses incurred by the City to repair damage.
- Adhering to any restrictions set forth in the approval process, including limitations for vehicle access when the turf is wet.
- Accepting liability for any injury to the public, and for damages to public property.
- Contacting the Parks Division after the work is complete for an inspection and to close the permit.