Demolition permits for ground orientated dwelling units, residential garages and accessory buildings serving ground orientated dwelling units, are valid for sixty (60) days from the permit issuance date. All other demolition permits are valid for two (2) years from the permit issuance date.
How to apply for your permit:
Before you can apply for a demolition permit, you must first obtain the following documents:
- Tree Protection Plan Approval Letter – Email or fax the application form and site plan to email@example.com or 306-975-3034.
- Water and Wastewater Service Connection Permit – Email the demolition application form and site plan to the Water and Sewer Connections Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. A refundable deposit will be required for water and sewer disconnect and infrastructure maintenance.
- Confirmation of Taxes – The property owner must confirm property taxes paid up to date. This may be done at the same time the deposit is made for the water and sewer disconnect and infrastructure.
Preparing Site Plan and Corresponding Documents
- Site Plan, showing existing trees and applicable buildings. The site plan needs to indicate the building(s) on the site to be demolished and show all tress located on the boulevard adjacent to the property.
- Declaration of Intent Form
- All buildings constructed before 1990 require an Asbestos Removal Notification Form. This form indicates if any asbestos will be disturbed or removed during the work.
- Complete the Demolition Permit application.
Apply for your Permit - saskatoon.ca/ePermitting
Track all permit and inspection activity from initial application to completion, renewal or expiration of your permit. Visit saskatoon.ca/epermitting to register your account or to sign-in to the online portal.
Things to remember:
- Call SaskPower at 1-888-757-6937 before you dig to locate utility lines and property easements.
- It is the responsibility of the owner and contractor to ensure all construction is in accordance with the National Building Code, the Building Bylaw No. 9455, Zoning Bylaw No. 8770 and other regulations.