Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre Upgrade & Facility Closure
Last Updated November 16, 2023
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre is closed in preparation for a major facility upgrade. The initial tender closed on April 6, 2023. Tenders came in higher than anticipated and as a result, the initial tender has been cancelled. The project team is reviewing the project scope for efficiencies and is updating the project design. Once the review is complete, the project will be retendered.
The facility will remain closed until the upgrade is complete. Over the past few years, the Facilities teams have been patching and repairing various components to extend them to the closing date of March 31, 2023, as many have reached their end-of-service life. Since the facility closed, demolition work has been ongoing to prepare the site for a contractor to begin renovations.
Further updates will be available on the City’s website following the retendering of the project.
Upgrade & Facility Closure Project
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre was built in 1975 and many of the components are nearing the end of their functional life.
The project is anticipated to include the following upgrades to the facility:
- Accessibility and inclusivity improvements to ensure the building and its features will be a welcoming space for the entire community.
- Upgrades to the 50-metre pool basin.
- Change room and washroom renovations to better serve customers and families.
- Water treatment and building mechanical system upgrades for improved efficiency.
- Roof and exterior upgrades including vapor barrier and wall insulation to increase energy efficiency and air quality.
The same programs and services will continue to be available at the other 5 Leisure Centres (Cosmo, Lakewood and Lawson Civic Centres, Saskatoon Field House and Shaw Centre) and where possible, programming opportunities have been expanded at the facilities.
Search for drop-in program information including facility, fitness and weight room hours, public swim sessions and fitness programs on Leisure Online or click here to learn when you can find your favourite program.