Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre Upgrade & Facility Closure
Last Updated April 1
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre is closed for a major facility upgrade. The last day of operation was March 31, 2023 and is expected to reopen in 18 to 24 months. Read below to learn about the facility upgrade project.
Upgrade & Facility Closure Project
Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre was built in 1975 and many of the components are nearing the end of their functional life.
The project will include replacement or upgrades to the facility along with exciting new spaces, such as:
- Accessibility and inclusivity improvements to ensure the building and its features will be a welcoming space for the entire community.
- Replacement of the 50-metre pool basin as well as a revised pool deck with new tile to better meet swimming and user group requirements for training.
- Change room and washroom renovation and expansion to better serve customers and families.
- New public use spaces such as meeting and multipurpose rooms to provide additional program opportunities.
- Revised and updated weight room for an enhanced and expanded workout experience.
- Water treatment and building mechanical system upgrades for improved efficiency.
- Roof and exterior upgrades including vapor barrier and wall insulation to increase energy efficiency and air quality.
- Administration offices will see significant upgrades and changes.
The total estimated project cost is $18-24 million with a significant contribution from the federal government’s Green and Inclusive Community Building program (more than $10 million) and the remainder from the Civic Buildings Comprehensive Maintenance, a reserve set aside for the ongoing maintenance and upgrade of City facilities.
New! View renderings of the future building in the gallery at the bottom of the page and click here to view the new facility floor plan.
The same programs and services will continue to be available at the other 5 Leisure Centres (Cosmo, Lakewood and Lawson Civic Centres, Saskatoon Field House and Shaw Centre) and where possible, programming opportunities have been expanded at the facilities.
Search for drop-in program information including facility, fitness and weight room hours, public swim sessions and fitness programs on Leisure Online or click here to learn when you can find your favourite program.