Street Sweeping - Fall
City crews sweep up leaves collected along the curb to reduce drainage problems for spring melt. In mid-October, yellow No Parking signs are posted on scheduled streets within neighbourhoods with high-tree density.
Enter your address to find your street sweeping day.
What you can expect from us
- Street sweeping along the curb to collect as many fallen leaves as possible, to reduce drainage issues in the spring, beginning October 12, 2021.
- Scheduled streets posted with yellow No Parking signs between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. The penalty for "Parking or stopping in a designated street maintenance area during a street maintenance parking ban" is $100, per Traffic Bylaw 7200 (12.5 Street Maintenance Areas)
- Street Sweeping Service Alerts will be issued if there is a change to the sweeping schedule.
- This Fall Street Sweeping video describes more about the program.
How you can help us
- Enter your address above and plan alternative parking for your vehicles on sweep day. If there is "no date set" for your address, your street is not going to get fall street sweeping. Refer to the carousel of neighbourhood maps at the bottom of this page that highlight streets scheduled for sweeping.
- Watch for yellow No Parking signs beginning October 10 and remove your vehicle by 7 a.m. on the posted sweeping day to avoid a ticket and/or relocation to a nearby street. Check Find My Vehicle! if your vehicle has moved.
- Pick up leaves on the sidewalk and boulevard beside your property. Please do not push leaves toward the street because big piles of leaves cause problems for the sweepers. Learn more about how you can manage your fallen leaves at saskatoon.ca/leaves.