As soon as the roads are dry in early spring, the City begins spring pre-sweeping to remove heavier dirt and debris that gathers over the winter. During this first pass along high-traffic streets, the sweepers clean around parked cars to pick up as much debris as they can. Later in May, Yellow No Parking signs are posted on streets to notify drivers of upcoming curb-to-curb sweeping through every neighbourhood. Vehicles left on the street on sweep day are ticketed and towed. In mid-October, street sweeping occurs in select neighbourhoods to reduce the potential for spring flooding.Watch "Your City Street Sweeping" to learn more.
Street Sweeping Coming Soon
The upcoming street sweeping schedule is not currently available.
What you can expect from us
- Street sweeping on higher-traffic roads, such as Circle Drive, Idylwyld Drive, 22nd Street, 8th Street and College Drive to collect debris left from winter, going around parked cars.
- Scheduled streets posted with yellow No Parking signs in effect between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Check Street Sweeping Service Alerts if there is a change to the sweeping schedule.
- Overnight sweeping in Business Improvement Districts between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on the first Tuesday of each month for up to 3 nights starting in May.
- Evening and overnight sweeping on freeways, bridges and overpasses in early spring
How you can help us
- Find your street above and plan alternative parking for your vehicles on sweep day.
- Watch for yellow No Parking signs beginning October 12 and remove your vehicle by 7 a.m. on the posted sweeping day to avoid a ticket and/or relocation to a nearby street. Check Find My Vehicle! if your vehicle has moved.
- Stay clear of sweeping equipment and call our 24-hour customer care centre if you have any questions at 306-975-2476.
- Report people who illegally push leaves onto the street to the Bylaw Inspector at 306-975-3193. City Bylaw Inspectors will investigate and violators may receive a fine. Applicable City Bylaws are: Bylaw No. 7200 The Traffic Bylaw, Bylaw No. 5713 Waste and Dumping, Bylaw No. 8310 The Waste Bylaw.
- Learn more about how you can manage your fallen leaves at saskatoon.ca/leaves.