As soon as the roads are dry in early spring, the City begins spring pre-sweeping to remove heavier dirt and debris that gathers over the winter. This includes grassy and concrete boulevards and medians where graded snow was placed. Through April, sweeping crews move quickly through high-traffic streets to collect the bulk of the debris, going around any parked cars to reduce as much as 90% of dust. Watch Early Spring Street Sweeping to learn more.
Neighbourhood street sweeping begins May 9, 2022
Dirt and grime are so last season! Enjoy a clean street and dust-free summer by moving vehicles by 7 a.m. on your sweeping day. Sweepers won’t be able to clean to the curb if your car is there when they arrive and may have to tow your vehicle. Watch Your City Street Sweeping to learn more.
In mid-October, yellow No Parking signs are posted on scheduled streets within neighbourhoods with high-tree density. City crews sweep up leaves collected along the curb to reduce drainage problems for spring melt. Watch Fall Street Sweeping to learn more.
Street Sweeping Completed
Residential street sweeping is complete for the season.
What you can expect from us
- Street Sweeping on high-traffic streets such as Circle Drive, Idylwyld Drive, 22nd Street, 8th Street and College Drive to collect debris left from winter, going around parked cars. This includes grassy and concrete medians, park frontages and a first pass through all streets in the Business Improvement Districts.
- Residential neighbourhood sweeping on streets posted with yellow No Parking signs between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. The week before we will post No Parking signs and sweep the arterial streets in neighbourhoods with high on-street parking. These completed streets are then left available for parking on the neighbourhood sweeping day.
- The penalty for "Parking or stopping in a designated street maintenance area during a street maintenance parking ban" is $100, per Traffic Bylaw 7200 (12.5 Street Maintenance Areas).
- Street Sweeping Service Alerts if there is a change to the residential sweeping schedule.
- Overnight sweeping in Business Improvement Districts (main streets only) between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on the first Tuesday of each month for up to 3 nights starting in May.
- Evening sweeping through all high-traffic streets through summer, going around parked cars.
- Evening and overnight sweeping on freeways, bridges and overpasses starting in Mid-May.
How you can help us
- Search your sweep day above and plan alternative parking for your vehicles.
- Watch for yellow No Parking signs beginning in April and remove your vehicle by 7 a.m. on the posted sweeping day to avoid a ticket and/or relocation to a nearby street.
- Check Find My Vehicle! if your vehicle has moved for street sweeping. Most areas are scheduled in phases to provide alternate parking within the neighbourhood.
- Stay clear of sweeping equipment and call our 24-hour customer care centre if you have any questions at 306-975-2476