Traffic Detour Requests
Detours are a necessary part of work zones on Saskatoon roads. They help ensure workers have enough space to do their jobs safely while also allowing drivers and pedestrians to travel safely around work zones.
Transportation's Detour Group manages and coordinates all closures and detours on Collector Class Roads and above (see classification map on side panel). Once detour requests are approved, Temporary Traffic Control Plans (TTCPs) are created and coordinated in a way that allows the work to be completed while still allowing traffic and pedestrians to move around.
It is very important to submit a Traffic Detour Request for any work that will be taking place on a City of Saskatoon road. This allows the Detour Group to coordinate with other projects and helps manage our resources in setting up the work zones. Detour requests also ensure that areas do not become inaccessible to traffic or that traffic is not detoured into other existing work zones.
- Our business hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- For general Detour inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All detour requests require a minimum of six (6) days notice to allow time to process.
- A copy of the Detour Request will be sent to the address entered into the "Applicant Email" section on the form below.
- Detour request approvals are not guaranteed (due to other work in area, available staff, traffic implications, incomplete request forms, etc.).
- The City of Saskatoon is not currently set up to give price quotes for requests and work only on cost recovery.
- It is the responsibility of the contractor to notify all residents and/or commercial stakeholders of upcoming work and closures that may affect them in any way.
- Cancellations require a minimum of one (1) hour advance notice. A full working day is preferred.
- Charges may apply for any work zone that was set up prior to the cancellation being received.
Submitting a Detour Request
- Fill out the Detour Request Form below.
- Submit a work zone drawing with the Detour Request Form.
- Examples of acceptable work zone drawings can be found in this short video or here.